Awaiting the 500D

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by DianeR, Dec 3, 2005.

1. but in the meantime, shot this macro (70-210 zoom macro) in low light. It will be interesting to compare the difference. :smile:

large.

2. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Your best ever

Hi Diane

For me, your best ever. That is stunning.

Is it because you shot in low light that it looks so vibrant?

Or, have you processed a lot???

Whatever it is truly wonderful.

All the best

Ray

3. Hi, Ray! Kinda thought you might respond to this one. :wink: It was low light but levels adjusted slightly to give it some punch and lowered the brightness of the water droplet in the front. As these blooms have aged, the almost deep rust color on the edges of the petals have morphed into a softer color but this is pretty much what they looked like when I shot them. Since I posted this, the 500D close-up lens arrived so I'm hunting around for a good subject to try it out on! My cat won't cooperate so it'll have to be something else :biggrin:

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Gee Diane,
    Good excuse to go buy another pot of flowers....lolol

Beautiful image. Just beautiful..
    Can't wait to see what you do with the 500D...

5. Lol!

You crack me up Gale - as a matter of fact, I WAS looking at some at Publix this afternoon but I restrained myself. There are some Bird of Paradise blooming on the condo property and I may give those a try tomorrow if the weather is decent. I saw your "Snoweys" - you sure live in the right place!!:Happy:

6. Very colorful well saturated shot. Way to go.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Birds of Paradise are beautiful.

Be interested in how you shoot them..

Snoweys are fun birds. They are fresh. They chase everything. They own all the property in sight. They are very vocal and Dance alot..lolol

8. Diane,

I am so inspired by this image. The lighting is lovely. It's dark and snowy outside. I really need to purchase a few colorful plants and experiment. Thank you for sharing.

9. Hi Crystall - hey, I used to live in your neck of the woods (N.VA) and know you're expecting to be snowed in the next day or so. Perfect excuse to experiment! I expect cars are already being abandoned along I-95/495 :rolleyes:  so pick up a plant before it's too late and start shooting! :biggrin:

10. It's a beautiful shot, Diane. Show us more macro when you get the 500D.

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Diane,
    I don't know whare the other post is so I'll add my findings here.
    Went to look for the boats for pics and the county has the area blocked off from the hurrincane damage and I can not get to them. grrrr.
    Casually looking going to and from work I did not notice how blocked off it was. However when I got serious about wanting to photograph those boats I saw ...I can't get to them.
    Hope they will be there if and when the slowwwwwwwwwww county gets around to getting the job done.

Sorry my intentions were good anyway.
    :<((((((((((((((

12. Aw, sorry about that Gale. That's where the kayak comes in handy!! No way any of "my" boats could have been seen, let alone photographed from a road access. Appreciate your efforts tho.:smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.