Awesome experience

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by DogFather, Aug 9, 2008.

1. The only word to describe spending time with these animals is AWESOME!
    These animals are not only magnificent and unbelievably powerful (I've seen them rip into frozen deer carcases) but can be very gentle and loving also. Of course that depends on whether or not they like you and are comfortable with you. I've been very fortunate with the animals I've met in that they've always been at ease with me (they don't call me DogFather for nothing, LOL)
    Also helps to have a lot of respect for them.

Along with spending time with the wolves, I was fortunate to be able to spend a few hours with some of them when they were just 9 week old. Now THAT, was an experience! Non stop action for hours untill I ran out of memory cards, then they fell asleep. I scrambled to delete some bad shots so I could catch a few of them sleeping. Those will be in the next post.

Me-and-Renki.
    This is actually one of the wolf pups from below. Hmmm . . .think they remember me? :wink:

Nose2Nose.
    Nose to nose with a 9 week old wolf pup. That ain't no German Shepherd!

PupHowl.
    The sounds of a 9 week old wolf pup howl :smile:

2. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    wow. Please please post more! Tell us more too!

3. That word 'Awesome' doesn't do justice to your experience...
    These are just superb shots of these beautiful creatures....
    I'm so jealous as I would love to do what you have done...
    You must post more shots... Thanks so much for sharing these...

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    What an experience. I would have loved to be in your shoes.

5. you are a tremendous addition to this fine forum... bringing us a different viewpoint than most will ever know.

i'm grateful that you have joined and continue to share with us

6. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Wow - what a wonderful experience that would be.

7. Thank You
    and thank my old friend Joe Martin for telling me about this forum. Actually, Joe's not old, I am :biggrin:

I appreciate all the compliments on my work. Most of my stuff has never been seen by anyone but me unless you visit my site which I'm rebuilding.

http://www.imagesbyglb.com[/URL]

Because of my interest in wolves and other animals, I've been able to develop relationships with people and groups who at times have been able to present me with opportunities the general public doesn't have access to. Some of them being photographers have helped in getting some great shots of me with the animals that would otherwise never be seen. Working with various rescue groups also presents some "Interesting" situations. I guess I've also been blessed with having a good rapport with animals :smile:

I'll continue to post more photos as I have time.
    DogFather

Keeley1663.

8. Wow! More Please!

9. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Thanks Gary, but if you ask Jen and my girls, I am getting old!

It's been a pleasure to know you and to be able to call you a friend. You have taught me a lot over the years, but nothing more than what true passion is.

As you will see (or have seen in his posts so far) Gary is a great photographer, but more so, he has a true love for animals and nature. He gives of himself selflessly (is that a word?!?!) for the cause of animals everywhere! From saving a hungry stray on the streets, to the animals that were left homeless during Katrina, to the wolves in rescue habitats you see in these images.

10. arela

arela

Jan 15, 2008
    Norway
    Awsome - looks like their reputation is rising too.
    (In Norway ticks kills a lot more sheps than the wolf)

To be honest, i'm glad i'm not :) 

11. InLimbo87

InLimbo87

Jul 30, 2008
    Orlando, Fl
    Looks like an amazing experience.

Love all your work! :biggrin:

12. Gary I just checked out your site and read one of the adoption stories. You can rest assured that I have your site bookmarked.

Marlene

13. These are beautiful shots, I look forward to seeing more! :smile:

14. Thanks!
    and that's just but half of them :wink:
    Trying to find a home for an abandoned 9 year old female. Missing one eye and blind in the other.:mad: 
    Working on some more wolf pup pics to post

15. I would give my left leg to be in your shoes. There's something so mysterious yet magical about a wolf. Amazing series

16. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    An incredible set - great work!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.