Awww

Discussion in 'People' started by Beezle, Dec 9, 2005.

1. This wasn't spat out by a Nikon camera, but it is a Nikon lens (50 1.2 AIS) at least. Just too cute to not share. f1.8.

IMG_1822-rsz.

2. Same lens but at f1.2, this time on the D2X.

[​IMG]

3. That first image is super precious. A keeper for sure and it would make a great Christmas card.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Aww for sure! That lens looks GREAT!

5. You sure got a big Aaaawwwwwwww out of me, Ed! :smile: So very cute and a family treasure in the future.

6. Thanks everyone.

Here is another shot tonight with that lens on the D2X. ISO 360, f1.2, 1/100.

[​IMG]

A crop to give you an idea how sharp it is wide open.
    [​IMG]

I will shoot some with the 1.4 and 1.8 when I get a chance. I'm thinking I like this lens. I'm not always in the mood for the careful determination that manual lenses need, but it's nice to have when it strikes.

That ornament is from last year - a small Lionel train setup! The trains move and it makes noise too.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Precious shot. Just perfect. Perfect shot.
    I like also the first Christnmas tree shot.

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. WOWwowow!! The #1 shot is priceless!

10. Priceless for sure Ed!!!

I second Paul's request for a 50's side-by-side test, if you please...

11. That is a picture that makes me ahhh. And that it was shot with a 50mm 1.2 or whatever lens you may say doesn't matter no more if you see the photo. Because you forget about the lens. The lens have to much impact for remembering where you where talking about.

I had to look 3 times at your words because normally things in the photo distract from the subject that is shot. But now the photo distracts the eye away from the posting you want to tell.

So great work and if that is not good enough for a christmas card then i don't know what will be good enough. Because that is great, cute, adoreable shot. Ok send the lens now to me so i can try it out for some days so i can look if it works also good on my D2X. I will return the lens before 24th of decemeber 2006 hehe when i am finished shooting the christmas cards.

12. Beautiful beautiful shot. Really great.

13. From the look in his eyes, this is going to be a very special Christmas for your son, Ed. That first image is a real treasure!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. How old is your son?

14. Thanks Virginia and everyone else.

He will be two this Wednesday. He has been with us about 14 months now, and is just the happiest rug rat I've met. Very emotional, but sweet.

The wife took him out for a birthday present choosing yesterday (we let them pick one, we pick the rest) and his choice was something that should prove hilarious for birthday shots.

15. Keep us posted, Ed!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera