awwwwww, Ponies....

Well, they're not really Ponies at all, but Arabians...and this time, these are even in focus, by God! :wink: Comments to improve them?
Brownie:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Palomino Foal:

Palomino Foal-2:

These are outstanding Steve. I really like the 2nd one where all four feet are off the ground. :smile:

I like the last one best. I think it has the best lighting, and the horse is farther away from the fence, allowing the fence to go a little out of focus, which in turn, keeps your eye on the subject. Maybe more of that type, maybe less f stop to narrow up the in-focus area and blur the fence more. Something else I used to do with the low-flying old aircraft, slow shutter speed and pan. Subject is sharp, background blurred to show motion and lack of detail.

Great snaps, Steve. I like how you captured the spirit of those animals. The horse in images 2 and 3 definately has a hop in her step. The image sharpness makes the musculature pop right out. Great job.

Nice shots. Think I like the last one best. So did you experiment with different AF settings this time? Whatever you did/changed certainly seemed to work.

Same exact settings as the bad 1's before

Thanks for all the comments guys (& gal)! Jeff, I think the main difference is that 1, these are closer, and 2, there's not as much in the backgrounds. Search me why these came out fine and the others were sht! :Confused:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom