awwwwww, Ponies....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Steve S, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Well, they're not really Ponies at all, but Arabians...and this time, these are even in focus, by God! :wink: Comments to improve them?
    Brownie:
    [​IMG]
    Palomino Foal:
    [​IMG]
    Palomino Foal-2:
    [​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    These are outstanding Steve. I really like the 2nd one where all four feet are off the ground. :smile:

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I like the last one best. I think it has the best lighting, and the horse is farther away from the fence, allowing the fence to go a little out of focus, which in turn, keeps your eye on the subject. Maybe more of that type, maybe less f stop to narrow up the in-focus area and blur the fence more. Something else I used to do with the low-flying old aircraft, slow shutter speed and pan. Subject is sharp, background blurred to show motion and lack of detail.

4. Beautiful animals Steve. Arabians are such well muscled horses and dynamite in a small package.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great snaps, Steve. I like how you captured the spirit of those animals. The horse in images 2 and 3 definately has a hop in her step. The image sharpness makes the musculature pop right out. Great job.

6. Great photos Steve.
    Pete

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Steve

those are beautiful.. The young one is a beautiful baby.

Well captured.

8. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice shots. Think I like the last one best. So did you experiment with different AF settings this time? Whatever you did/changed certainly seemed to work.

9. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Sweet photos Steve..

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Same exact settings as the bad 1's before

Thanks for all the comments guys (& gal)! Jeff, I think the main difference is that 1, these are closer, and 2, there's not as much in the backgrounds. Search me why these came out fine and the others were sht! :Confused:

11. Nice work, Steve. These are beautiful horses and you've captured their spirit and temperament beautifully! What lens did you use?

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

12. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thnx Virginia,

I used the D2x/70-200Vr wide open @f2.8.