B-17g

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Baywing, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    While you never know what you WILL see on a whale watch, this certainly wouldn't be high on the list of possibilities. Returning to port in the late aftrenoon, a B-17 (9-0-9) was doing a low level fly-by. Look close and you can see someone in the side gunners window. I understand there was an airshow on the Cape this weekend, so I'm sure they were just out for a twilight joy ride.
    [​IMG]

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005

I would love to get a ride in one of those, some right seat time would be even better.

Great Capture,

3. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I understand they do give rides, how much money do you have?

4. That is a great image. Color really looks good.

Russ

5. Patrick

The EAA is bringing a B-17 to Montgomery Regional Airport on 9/27-28/2005.

Rides are $395.00.

Russ

6. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Oh so tempting. However, Leigh wouldn't understand. Thanks for the heads up though. Forum member Greg might find that interesting. I'll PM him this thread.

Thanks!

7. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    mmm, wonder if I can log some dual time in the left seat? They used to let you pay to ride to the next destiantion. Of course you were on your own getting back. These birds are like the NAvy Battle ships. They send such a big message. gotta luv em.

I could probably scrounge up enough for the ride but the gas to Montgomery and back would break me! even if it's only a couple hundred miles. the "17" runs 200 gph. that's about $600 per hour just for fuel.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice capture, Bay...what a beautiful vintage aircraft. As others have mentioned, would love to go up for a ride!

9. A ride on one of these would be an experience for sure. Not one I will probably ever have.

10. According to the information I have there will be no front seat time while airborne; however you can sit as the bombardier. :biggrin: Further information and seat reservations can be made at 1-800-359-6217.

Russ

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Yep, I just don't get it. But you guys have fun.....Take lots of pictures and post them when you get back if you get to go!

12. Patrick, you lucky guy. I wish my wife would say this when I told her I wanted to get a pilot license.