1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

B-24

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by fsudebbie, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Took a ride in a restored B-24. The ultimate thrill.

102717.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

102718.jpg

102719.jpg

2. nice shots
    i bet that was a thrill
    thanks for sharing these with us

3. Looks like a fairly well updated cockpit...nice ride, nice pics. Thanks.

4. WOW... look like fun... I bet those engines were loud!

thanks for sharing.

5. Thanks for the comments. I took about 80 pics, but some are hard to see due to the amount of equipment in the plane. The outside shots have lots of people in them. My uncle was a B-24 pilot so I wanted to do this in his memory. They were also flying a B-17 that day.

6. Hentez

Hentez

Aug 9, 2008
    Columbus OH
    Looks like a lot of fun!

7. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Thanks for sharing. It must of have been a thrill flying in a vintage and historical aircraft like. It's definitely worth the thrill and the adventure. I'm hoping one day to take a similar ride on a B-17.

8. That looks awesome, and your uncle would be proud. I really want to take a flight in a old warbird someday.

9. Cima2oo7

Cima2oo7

Aug 11, 2007
    Mountain Home, ID
    Mark
    Was that the "Witchcraft"? If it was, they came to Dayton too. I got quite a few pictures. They will be up soon.

10. Mark,
    Yes, it was the "Witchcraft". It's been painted in several configurations to honor real planes. I think it was the "All American" first, then "The Dragon and His Tail", and now this paint scheme. It runs $425, in case anyone wants to start planning for a ride. You can go to http://www.collingsfoundation.org/menu.htm for the schedule and other info.

Thanks for all the comments.
    Debbie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.