B&H code??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob Coutant, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Story of my life -- I waited too long. Anyone know the current code??

2. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    Code? Code for??? What top secret thing am I missing here?

3. Ptchfork

Ptchfork

Jul 8, 2007
    New York City
    do tell....

4. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    For online access to specials listed in their current show flier.

5. genehsu

genehsu

Apr 15, 2007
    Seattle
    I think B&H pretty much disabled the search on codes. If you are interested in something in particular, then someone else might be able to tell you whether or not a code exists for an item.

6. There's no one specific code for all sale items; each sale item has its own code now.

PSMAY0705F9Z - Canon EOS 30D for example.

7. discount for 70-200 if it comes back in stock.

Don't know the general code, but if you are interested in a 70-200, I have a discount code that will get you about a hundred off the normal price. I saved this code about 6 months ago and it still works, although they are out of stock at the moment on this lens. If you just search B&H for the lens with out this code it will give you a price that is higher. Weird way of doing business, but it's nice to get something off where you can.

Use this link for a discount on this lens

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/495691-USA/Nikon_70_200mm_f_2_8D_VR_G_AFS.html

8. I believe the intent of these codes is to reward those people who attended one of the photography shows in NY and visited the B&H booth. These are given out to people in attendance and then passed around on the internet. I guess it still may be a little strange, but I'm not complaining! :smile:

9. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Intentions aside, I was happy when folks here shared codes to save me money on my D200 and 70-200VR. As a result, I've now become a loyal B&H customer.

10. Sorry, I may have been misunderstood. I wasn't preaching about the intentions and the codes being passed around unethically... I used them myself! I was responding to the comment regarding this not making any business sense and trying to explain B&H's intentions. I love B&H and, in the end, I am sure that they don't mind the extra business that comes with the sharing of these codes. I saved on the D200 as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007
  11. genehsu

genehsu

Apr 15, 2007
    Seattle
    I think I might have helped you out on the D200 code (via Flickr D200 group).

12. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Gene,

Then you have my many thanks. I love that camera, and I really loved saving some money on the purchase!

13. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    My thanks to all. Actually, there was a generic "May" code that worked several weeks ago, but apparently they have switched gears again. One way or another, I will buy from B&H -- in my case, the potential savings is approximately equal to the shipping cost.

14. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    So does anyone know what the specific code for the sb-800 is? :redface:

15. PSMAY07RVPBM

16. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    U da man, thanks :biggrin:

17. Bob Coutant

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    That's two of them you just sold for B&H:biggrin:

18. Cool! I figure if anyone is getting that price, then everyone should. I'd go visit their booth and grab a flier if they'd come anywhere near where I live....

19. Do you happen to have a code for a Nikon 12-24 lens?:biggrin:

20. Do you have a code for either the Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM, or Nikon 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor?

Thanks! :biggrin: