B&H deal: Buy any Zoom recorder and get PluralEyes 3 for free

Real Name
Dave Talboys
Sean - a couple of dumb questions... is the Zoom H4n the way to go for DSLR video over using a wireless lav mic? Have you used PluralEyes, and is it pretty straight forward for mixing the audio with the video?

I have shot a couple of interview videos for work with my D800 (nothing big and fancy, just for internal use on our Intranet), and have access to a Sennheiser EW122P wireless lav that I can borrow, and it has worked very well for the two interviews that I shot. I was thinking of purchasing a Sennheiser setup, but the Zoom is less than half the cost and the PluralEyes looks to be a great bonus.

I really don't have a lot of video aspirations, but I do enjoy learning new things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean - a couple of dumb questions... is the Zoom H4n the way to go for DSLR video over using a wireless lav mic? Have you used PluralEyes, and is it pretty straight forward for mixing the audio with the video?

I have shot a couple of interview videos for work with my D800 (nothing big and fancy, just for internal use on our Intranet), and have access to a Sennheiser EW122P wireless lav that I can borrow, and it has worked very well for the two interviews that I shot. I was thinking of purchasing a Sennheiser setup, but the Zoom is less than half the cost and the PluralEyes looks to be a great bonus.

I really don't have a lot of video aspirations, but I do enjoy learning new things.
I use it in conjunction with other mics (lav, shotgun, etc running into the bottom XLR jacks) and it gives me more options for sound. If I had to choose and I was only doing single person interviews, I would go the lav mic route.

PluralEyes just showed up so I'll have to try it out and report back - I ordered a 2nd H4N so I could leave one of them setup at a specific location and still have another for the field.

Sean

Real Name
Dave Talboys
I use it in conjunction with other mics (lav, shotgun, etc running into the bottom XLR jacks) and it gives me more options for sound. If I had to choose and I was only doing single person interviews, I would go the lav mic route.

PluralEyes just showed up so I'll have to try it out and report back - I ordered a 2nd H4N so I could leave one of them setup at a specific location and still have another for the field.

Sean
Thanks, Sean! The lav mic it is - makes the most sense to me, too.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom