B&H Disappointment

A trainee must have shipped. Never had that issue with B&H or Adorama.

But I am lucky to have a real camera store near my home that gets whatever I want.

A trainee must have shipped. Never had that issue with B&H or Adorama.

But I am lucky to have a real camera store near my home that gets whatever I want.

I wish I had a store close by. My local store stocks only the low end gear. They don't even stock the 1.4 tele convertor.

I wish I had a store close by. My local store stocks only the low end gear. They don't even stock the 1.4 tele convertor.
This is a result of people shopping the internet. We may save a little or not, but with no sales they close or carry only high volume cameras. Wait until you need a lens cap or small accessory .

Nikon USA will sell direct.

Slip from normal (I hope.) I haven't had any problems with them.
I've received many orders like that from them. Mostly cheaper items where it doesn't matter, but you'd expect a bit more care for expensive products.

Brian, while I understand your concern, one should keep in mind that the factory package (the Gold Box) is designed to protect the lens during shipment on its own. When your lens departed from the factory in Japan, or wherever, there was no bubble wrap surrounding the Gold Box. Just a number of them in a cardboard box.
At the same time, it's also unlikely that those big cardboard boxes containing multiple lenses would be subject to the rough and tumble of USPS/UPS/Fedex transport—we're talking about "tossing the box into a bin from 10' distance" (seen it with my own eyes). Most likely the boxes were loaded onto pallets, foil wrapped and processed as such. Even when shipped to a store the order is packed in bulk and those large boxes do simply not invite the physical abuse individual parcels invite (because you can throw those around) while being handled. Also, stores can simply return goods in damaged boxes as "unfit to sell," giving the shipper an incentive to make sure such damage cannot occur during transport.

I have been buying from B&H since 1997 and they have been my number 1 since. However, after the excellent customer service I have received on a recent purchase from Eldar at District Camera (a used D4S) I will be making a switch. B&H will still be on my list, but I will be looking at District Camera first.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom