1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

B&H has 35 1.8's....

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Harry Lavo, Aug 12, 2009.

1. .....as of this afternoon the USA version was in stock (I ordered one). So if you been waiting....

2. bellasdad

bellasdad

Apr 25, 2008
    Fairfax, VA
    Hmmm...they must've run out of stock QUICK. I just checked and it says "OUT OF STOCK".

3. It was actually available starting late yesterday afternoon -- I thought someone had already posted.

It could have been that they had some order cancellations so even though they were out sometime this morning, they came back available in the afternoon for a brief time.

4. lexdiamonnyc

lexdiamonnyc

Mar 23, 2009
    nj/nyc
    yup, I ordered mine today at 9am(nyc time) and they only had 4 left......
    I get it tomorrow, so nice to live across the river and not have to pay taxes and the only sacrifice you have to make is wait till the next day to get your order.............NICE!!!:biggrin:

5. yeah, i posted it last night. my gf and I got one. I'm surprised they lasted that long.

6. Actually, the last time they were available, they also lasted overnight as well. I think that's been the case most of the time. It takes a while before word gets out and some people don't read forums after they leave work :biggrin:

Congratulations on getting the lens. I think you and your girlfriend will like it a LOT.

7. Sangetsu

Sangetsu

Apr 18, 2009
    東金市
    I'm checking Yodobashi, they are in stock in Japan, but of course cost 25% more here. Even with the weak dollar and shipping halfway around the world the price in America is still lower. Go figure. No wonder that stores here still have them in stock.

8. jaydog

jaydog

Jun 26, 2007
    chicagoland
    Mine comes on friday :)  B&H had them in stock for several hours on Tuesday.

9. Blast! On their email list - not a peep

10. forget the email list
    i waited forever for a 18-200 a few yrs ago
    you gotta chk hourly:smile:

11. Nuts. Trying to have a life.

12. Butchdog

Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    MN
    I'm with you Doug.
    On their email list as well and nothing.
    Crap!

13. mobeious1

mobeious1

Oct 24, 2008
    fl
    local shop has a couple but wants 50 bucks over retail

14. danmab

danmab

Apr 26, 2007
    Wisconsin
    I ordered one from B&H when they were available on Tuesday night CST.
    Will be here Monday. It is my 2nd copy of this lens....the first one backfocused quit a bit

15. Bukka

Bukka

Oct 9, 2008
    Calgary, AB
    WOOOO I woke up this morning to receive a call from my local court house. They have a cheque ready for me for 400 bucks. I promptly called a local camera store and BAM they have a 35 1.8 available! I have it on hold and I'm about to pick it up in a few hours! woot woot.

16. On the other thread, I posted that KEH has a used one in stock... but priced at $220. An hour later it was gone... even at $20 more. :eek: 

17. Gettin' aggressive on the lens hunt. Did a quick/simple web page with all the important links. Keep it up at work and hit it every few hours. Same at home. OK, no life until I bag one... Might break out python and do some web scraping but I basically too lazy.

18. Sneak attack. Norman Camera has them today - still in stock. Ordered on this morning but didn't have time to post here.

19. My brother just grabbed one from them today around 2 PM. Will arrive on Friday (luckily we get to pool equipment :biggrin:) .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.