B&H Now Has 18-200 VR Lenses - If You're Looking For One

B

Bill N

Well, for $749 I had to pull the trigger on that. Thanks for the tip!! I wonder how long they will still sell for over $900 on $bay? Cheers, Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
It's alright Rich ,just think that your $749 will stay in your wallet that way ... until the next arrival maybe that is :biggrin:

Oh, I have one already, I was just very surprised that they went that quickly. I recently purchased a Sigma 12-300 and the 1.4 & 2.0 TCs ($$$$). That'll keep my LL at bay for a few months.

Frankly, I can't think of any other lens I want. I had the 17-35 , 85pc and 85 f1.4 but was forced to sell them; oddly I don't miss them. Other lenses seem to have filled the void nicely.

Rich

Z

ZBaum

since I passed up the one available locally b/c I didn't wish to pay an xtra $100 (higher price plus tax), I can't believe I missed this one! they must have move all 150 in less than a few hours!

Well, there were posts all over DPR (that I saw) and other forums I'm sure. Doesn't take long for 150 people to see those threads and go to B&H to order. This is a lens that I've always wanted to have, but will never buy because I wouldn't use it enough.

Wondering on your thoughts on that 12-300, Rich.

It's the 120-300, just to be exact. Here's a thread of my purchase and initial impressions.

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=110845

Succinctly, it's a blast. I've been shooting with a 2.0 teleconverter on it for over a week now. The images are superb....technique providing. The first two days were VERY disappointing, but with help from Flew and MikeMac I've improved just enough to appreciate how this lens can be in the hands of a competent shooter.

Here's my best shot so far with 600mm.
147383394-O.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
R

robthorn

I was ordering this lens from b&h today and it was in stock. from the time I gave them my credit card info to the time I hit the last submit button they sold it out from under me. if they take your credit info it should be yours. this took maybe 10 seconds to do. if you go to order the next time click through and don't read anything or you most likely won't get it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom