1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

B+W and one colour

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by bmiller, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Anyone know how to isolate one colour in a photo and the rest of the picture is B+W? I have a few pictures of the Friday 13 th bike rally in Port dover last week.
    One photo in particular has a red bike and i thought of making the picture B+W with the red of the bike the only colour in the photo. I use cs2. I've seen this done somewhere before and can't find the process.

2. Fast and easy: convert the pic to b+w, then paint with the history brush the parts you want to have their original color.

3. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  4. Thanks. I got it. I used the history brush on the original to copy the red i wanted, changed the photo to b&w, then used the history brush to repaint.
    I think i will try the other methods to see which is best.
    Thanks again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.