B&W Elephant

This is a shot I like a lot and return to and re-edit. This is the only wild elephant that I has taken a image of and is connected to fond memories

Im trying to do a little more B&W

I consider myself a novice regarding photo editing so some thoughts of this one would be appreciated. Im using Nik Silver Efex Pro 2.

I want to print this image for my home

Daniel

Rwanda-75_Nik_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Impressive looking animal!
You really captured a connection here, Daniel!

Thoughts about the processing are just down to my personal taste: I would try to tune the structure on the left ear (its right) a bit down. You can do that with a control point in silver efex. Verify the selection an take back from structure and /or fine structure. There is quit a difference with the other ear.
Take into account that I didn't see the original image. Perhaps it looked exactly like that.

Also, I would lose the border of exchange it for a white one or a black one. There's a bue-ish hue on this one.
Again, just personal taste.

Impressive looking animal!
You really captured a connection here, Daniel!

Thoughts about the processing are just down to my personal taste: I would try to tune the structure on the left ear (its right) a bit down. You can do that with a control point in silver efex. Verify the selection an take back from structure and /or fine structure. There is quit a difference with the other ear.
Take into account that I didn't see the original image. Perhaps it looked exactly like that.

Also, I would lose the border of exchange it for a white one or a black one. There's a bue-ish hue on this one.
Again, just personal taste.

Thanks for your comments. It has a lot of wet red clay on its ear and dried patches of red clay between its eyes and trunk. But of course that is not clear in B&W. For me and my friends that encountered this elephant I believe will se this. Hmm maybe its possible to enhance the wet clay in B&W so it stand out more?

But I will try to dial it down and se how I like it. In the color version al the foliage seem a bit distracting and in that regard this version is better.

The border most def should be white, I missed that blue cast...

Bart is the master and has a most gentle touch too, when it comes to B&W. One thought I had is to darken the left ear little bit, or the edges of the ear, so it stands out from the light vegetation behind it.
A great shot and very good choice for a large print.

This is an incredible capture, Daniel! It would be a real treasure for your wall! I'm not good with technical details, so whatever Bart says! :)

Thanks a lot!

Bart is the master and has a most gentle touch too, when it comes to B&W. One thought I had is to darken the left ear little bit, or the edges of the ear, so it stands out from the light vegetation behind it.
A great shot and very good choice for a large print.

Thanks for the input. That could work..

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom