B&W Lent Thread [Domdog31] *Updated through 3/14/11*

Sorry for no pics yet - this is a placeholder for my first pic starting tomorrow. I plan on shooting only B&W during lent. So thats 40 pics in 40 days only in B&W.
I am also giving up coffee !eek! but I feel this would be fun too for my creative side.

So I look forward to contributing and am up for the challenge for 40 pics in 40 days!

Happy Fat Tuesday ALL!

EDIT: Full gallery can be found here:
http://www.ddpphotography.com/lent

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I have a very busy day at work tomorrow and a commitment tomorrow night so here is Day 1: I felt it represents the project and holiday well - although it seems far you can see the light at the end...as Lent approaches and those of us who are going to "fast" and give up some of those daily dependencies the road may seem rough but every day you complete it becomes closer to reaching your goal.

Day 1: D3s+35G at f/1.4 1/15th ISO 200
p504019149-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I really like your first shot Dom, excellent, great start to your project... But no coffee for 40 days..:eek:. Wow, I don't think I would make it... :rolleyes: :smile:
Hope your lenses have VR to stop any camera shake by the end of it... :biggrin: LOL.. And that your backup plan works...

Love the mood, nice composition.

Thanks Jeff!

I really like your first shot Dom, excellent, great start to your project... But no coffee for 40 days..:eek:. Wow, I don't think I would make it... :rolleyes: :smile:
Hope your lenses have VR to stop any camera shake by the end of it... :biggrin: LOL.. And that your backup plan works...

Wally, thanks! I know its going to be rough - I am starting today off with a cup of black tea - even though it has caffeine its not the same :biggrin:
Super cool! Great lighting.
Hey Alan, thanks man! This is an overpass that runs across the garden state parkway. The lights are a ugly orange and I knew the contrast from light to dark would suit a B&W image well...

Now that I think of it - I would have LOVED to have a model standing in the dark portion of the bridge and just a rim light on them - may have to go back here and try it some time =)

wonderful first Dom, nice and dark:smile:
would you believe im sipping on a nice hot half latte while viewing this:biggrin:
i might as well describe my coffees for you for the next 40 days as my sacrifice:biggrin::biggrin:

wonderful first Dom, nice and dark:smile:
would you believe im sipping on a nice hot half latte while viewing this:biggrin:
i might as well describe my coffees for you for the next 40 days as my sacrifice:biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks Vince! I had a cup of tea this morning it got me to about 10am and i was jonesin! I usually make a french press every morning and the time saving by not doing the routine is welcome! Lol

Nice start, Dom! Love that shot, especially as a Lenten metaphor. Good luck with the coffee thing. I'll be tuning in to see how you're doing. Praying for you LOL!

Perfect shot to kick this off!

Thanks Dossy!

Nice start, Dom! Love that shot, especially as a Lenten metaphor. Good luck with the coffee thing. I'll be tuning in to see how you're doing. Praying for you LOL!

Hey Doug thanks! I went to the supermarket the other night and am amazed that there are SO many options when buying tea. Here I am thinking only black and green! I bought some black tea (Energy Blend) for the mornings which is not that effective lol. But I also bought some sleepytime tea that last night knocked me out!

Todays pic will be up shortly.... :biggrin:

Day 2: Waiting...
35G|f/1.4|1/40th|ISO 200
p560049678-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom