B&W Mountain Panorama

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Valorin, May 9, 2007.

1. I usually don't do panoramas, but I was travelling light and didn't have anything wider than my 17-55. Taken from the Hoodoo Trail in Banff National Park. I'd love some critique on the composition and/or the processing.
    [​IMG]

2. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    I like it Valorin.

WRT the crop. I would almost like to see some more of the trees at the bottom to compliment what the sky does to the mountain at the top.

Beautiful country!

3. I fully agree that more of the trees in the lower part of the photo would have made it more powerful. Unfortunately I wasn't as careful as I should have been when I was composing it, and not only did I miss a lot of the bottom, but I had to rotate the image to bring it level and the resulting crop removed even more of the bottom.

4. Just beautiful.

5. MJAM

MJAM

Feb 20, 2006
    Juneau, Alaska
    Excellent composition and light. Wonder if contrast could be punched up a bit, but even so, a great image. Mike

6. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    I really like this shot as well. The B&W conversion is nice as well. May I ask what you are using?

James