1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

B&W -- needs better crop

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by stayathomedad, Sep 21, 2008.

1. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    Too much contrast?

jasonbw.

2. the_traveler

the_traveler

Mar 22, 2007
    en route
    This is a toughie for several reasons. It is very contrasty. There are clipped highlights and shadows that can't be recovered easily - cheekbones, hands and chest - from small jpeg. If you have the original, it might be doable.

The pose is really tightly composed (and nicely) so that doesn't lend itself to too much recropping.

This is my best shot at it. I don't know that its any improvement over the original.

couplecropfq1.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
  3. JoJo2Fast

JoJo2Fast

Nov 20, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Maybe it's just me but I like the way the original is cropping wise (I like the way the ground looks). I agree there is a little too much contrast, he kinda just blends into a black figure.

4. I do think there is too much contrast. I also would have liked to see the extra space to the couple's right instead of their left. Otherwise I think the crop is already good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.