B&W Portrait

Window light, no reflector, f/3.2, 640 ISO, 1/225s

611801826_iQCdT-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Some of you will recognize Rebecca - Emma's primary nurse when she was in the NICU. Rebecca is an avid photographer and has been assisting me with some baby portrait sessions. While doing those, I sneak in a few portraits of her from time to time... :wink: I think this one came out rather well for an impromptu grab...

Nice balance, especially with the strong window light; you'd have thought it would be impossible to keep from blowing it out without losing the shadows. A very lovely lady, especially her eyes.

Thanks,

I like this photo - sometimes B&W says so much more than color. Rebecca looks great; her eyes and half smile exude personality and warmth.

Thanks for the replies! She does have stunning eyes... :wink:

Here they are in color:

606061949_226kB-L.jpg

Thanks for the replies! She does have stunning eyes... :wink:

Here they are in color:

606061949_226kB-L.jpg

Love it. Looks like her face is coming out of the screen. Her look makes me smile :smile:

Yes, there's something about a B&W natural light shot that's done properly. Great shot, especially since it was done on the fly and with no other light source or reflectors. Having all that free light up in the sky can come in handy if you know how to make it work to your advantage, which you did!

Thanks Bob! :wink:

Yes, there's something about a B&W natural light shot that's done properly. Great shot, especially since it was done on the fly and with no other light source or reflectors. Having all that free light up in the sky can come in handy if you know how to make it work to your advantage, which you did!

Latest threads

Top Bottom