B&W Portrait

I found this shot and thought it would be a good one for a B&W conversion. The model is Kasia Sweeny - I hope you are not getting tired of these......:wink:

Comments and Critiques welcome.

453278060_bf5f89b335_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good choice for a B&W and a great shot. I see, I think, some tool marks in certain areas like around the inside of the bridge of her nose and a patch on her forehead. Also around her chin....sorry!:redface:

Look closely.....again......:smile: .......and see if you see what I'm talking about. It can be soooooo tough getting that just right. Sometimes I just give up!:biggrin:

Make sure you are enlarging the photo as big as you can without getting too pixelated and then use really small healing and cloning tools to perfect the skin before a blur layer. You want the tools to effect as small an area as possible and you want to resample very frequently

The burn and dodge tools set to midtones at 5% can be helpful in blending these areas together and making them less noticeable. Use a separate layer so you can play with the opacity of the burning and dodging to fine tune.

The shot is excellent so don't feel beat up by my critique......I figured you would except/want nothing less.

Tired of 'em? No way....keep 'em coming!

Last edited by a moderator:
The shot is excellent so don't feel beat up by my critique......I figured you would except/want nothing less.

Tired of 'em? No way....keep 'em coming!

Beat up......no sir! I am grateful, and I plan to reprocess the image using your suggestions.

Thanks Stuart!

Beat up......no sir! I am grateful, and I plan to reprocess the image using your suggestions.

Thanks Stuart!

Thanks Fred....good deal. Also be sure to adjust the levels by bringing the right most/highlights slider slightly to the left until it makes contact with the exposure data. This will clear up the image a bit. One of the first things I learned here from Woody.

Tired?! I don't think so... this is my favorite of an excellent series.

Thanks Anthony.

Very nice.

Thank you Josh!

Thanks Fred....good deal. Also be sure to adjust the levels by bringing the right most/highlights slider slightly to the left until it makes contact with the exposure data. This will clear up the image a bit. One of the first things I learned here from Woody.

Thanks Stuart!

Really like it.. looks very natural (i dont like the touch up too much).

I think you need more contrast... really nice keep it up!

Thanks Diego

Latest threads

Top Bottom