1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

B&W portraits

Discussion in 'People' started by Leigh, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Got a couple of quick shots off this evening while I was watching Patrick take off and land at Pryor Field.

Jade is a tough one to get smiling...so, instead we get...

pensive
    338282478_d743o-L.

Ryan on the other hand...Grins and giggles all the time! So with Ryan, we get...

a nice smile
    338282392_ohFAy-L.

2. Neat B&W pics Leigh and I like your DOF isolation of the subject.

3. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    They are both great, but Ryan looks so old here! I think he is only 6, right (I think he is the same age as my oldest). I know they grow up so fast. I like the BW on these also.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Gordon. I love the 24-85...it's my "go-to-lens".

Jessica...yes, Ryan will be 6 on August 7th. You are soooo right about how fast they grow up! I can't believe school starts back in 2 weeks...I'm ready, but I'm also not ready. We are trying to pack as much fun into these last few days as we can.

Today we were going to go the Cooks Natural Science Museum. Unfortunately, I just realized it will be closed. :frown: So instead, we will go to Sci Quest.

5. Leigh,
    Nice portraits. Ryan is getting to be so handsome. Love those freckles.

6. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Good looking kids and terrific portraits.

7. Wow, Ryan really does look older than almost-6! :eek:  A very mature young lad already, and a lovely smile that shines from his eyes. I really like your BW conversion here too Leigh!

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thank you, Terri. I'll make sure to tell Ryan you like his freckles. He loves them. He has a little girlfriend from school who has lots of freckles too...he says they are going to get married so their kids will have freckles.

Thank you, Art.

Thanks, Gretchen. When Ryan smiles, his whole face lights up!

9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Wow the second one is great...good job.

10. That shot of Ryan is great. He looks like he's 10 years old!!

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks, Seneca. I guess after 6 years, he's finally getting used to being in front of the camera. Now, instead of making goofy faces or turning away, he immediately poses for me!

Thanks, Mitch. He's growing up so fast. It seems like just yesterday he was born...and now, he's the big brother! Looks like he's going to be tall...my brother, dad and grandfather are all over 6ft, as are many of the men on Patrick's side.

12. Great images Leigh.

Have to agree with others, Ryan looks so mature in this capture.

13. nice shots, leigh
    such cute kids

14. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks you two. As doctors, do you know of any way I can keep him from growing up? :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.