B/W series from Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by j.ankanpaa, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Hello all! ... Or due to the title should I say, Ahoj!

I spend one week in CR. My fifth time in the country, so I guess I could say I like the country a lot. During the week I visited in Olomouc and its surroundings, Pardubice and Kutná Hora. In Praha I spend only hour and a half just before my flight got back home... Here´s some of the places and things I saw there:

Bouzov castle
    Bouzov-5-2.

Bouzov-23-2.

Pernštejn castle... in my mind it looks a bit "lord of the ringish", not from the movie but from the book
    Pernstejn-22-1.

Pernstejn-9-1.

Holy Trinity Column in Olomouc
    Olomouc-1-1.

Detail of a window, Olomouc
    Olomouc-8.

Reflection of Town Hall tower clock, Olomouc
    Olomouc-17.

Sovinec Castle. Closed, it was monday
    Sovinec-1.

Painted wall, Pardubice
    Pardubice-38-3.

Town Hall, Pardubice
    Pardubice-5.

Passage, Pardubice
    Pardubice-25.

One of the weirdest places I have ever visited... Weird thing is Not that church is leaning...
    Kostnice-1.

...but all the decorations inside are made of human bones... It´s said there´s all the bones found in a human body in this chandelier... I didn´t know I had that many skulls...Honest!
    Kostnice-00-14.

More bones... Trombones...
    Kostnice-00-16-1.

Church of sv. Barbora, Kutná Hora... breathtaking
    KutnaHora-67-3.

KutnaHora-65-4.

KutnaHora-22-1.

KutnaHora-25-2.

Vlašský dvůr, Kutná Hora
    KutnaHora-5.

Kamenný Dům, Kutná Hora
    KutnaHora-57-1.

Church of sv. Bartoloměje, Kolín
    Koln-1-2.

Door (Church of sv. Bartoloměje), Kolín
    Koln-2.

Astronomical clock, Praha
    Praha-1-2.

Malostranské mostecké věže, Praha
    Praha-9-1.

Karlův most, Praha
    Praha-3-1-1.

So many pics... Sorry, I got carried away! :smile: But I sure had great time in there...

Here´s the whole gallery: http://picasaweb.google.com/jankanpaa/TshekkiCzechRepublic2007

2. Wow, awesome photos. Makes me want to go back to the Czech Republic, it's been a while since I've been there.

3. Excellent serires. Must've been a wonderful trip. As for the "bone church": man, it had to be creepy in there!!!

4. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Great series Jukka. I also liked your conversions. Did you have time for any macro work?

5. Jukka -

These are super!

Kiitos,

Eric

6. Nice work. Thanks for sharing these.

7. Thanks, Phillip!

I know what you mean... It´s a week I got back home and I already want to be back there so badly :smile:

Thanks, Frank!

Yep, it´s wonderful in there! Actually, I found the bone church to be very peaceful place. It´s small, humple and the decorations (in a bit creepy way, yes) extremely beautiful, not stuffed full of golden items, so I find it very calm & peaceful...

Tak, Torben!

About the conversions, I use very prefessional (free) :smile: PS plug-in you can find here: http://www.optikvervelabs.com/

It´s very easy and fast to use and I like the results. Here´s some samples what you can get. Church of sv. Barbora, Kutná Hora:

Orginal
    KutnaHora-22.
    KutnaHora-22-1.
    KutnaHora-22-2.
    KutnaHora-22-imp.

No, I didn´t do any macro shooting in there. Spring in there is probably atleast a month ahead of ours, so there were lot of insects out there already,
    plenty of butterflies for example... didn´t see any odonata though...

Kiitos itsellesi, Eric! :smile:

Thanks, Justin!

8. I love that country. Makes me want to go back. I only visited Prague and surroundings in my one trip there. Looks like Kutná Hora is a must.

Great photos Jukka. (I do have optikVerve and been using it for a long while).

[Update]: Just re-did a couple of mine from Prague with optikVerve). Thanks for the idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  9. Outstanding series of what had to be a great trip. Good work Jukka

10. Great set, Jukka. Some very dramatic effects.

11. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Thanks for the link Jukka. I will try that plug-in out.

12. Nice series there Jukka,

Nazdar Jukka,

My Grandparents were from Czechoslovakia. I would like to go and visit someday. They came over on a ship and met here in the states and were married.

Again, nice photos.

Dobry vecer, George Kostelnik.

13. Nazdar George,

It´s a very beautiful country, wonderful old towns, castles etc. I have some czech friends there too, great people!

I hope you´re able to visit there soon!

Dekuji!