Babies are expensive!

I had to go baby shopping yesterday for a new baby car seat, the old infant seat was getting too small. Spent almost 45 minutes trying to figure out how to attach it (I hate reading instructions)! Also bought a bunch of other accessories and before I know it, I'm spending hundreds of dollars! :eek:

Unfortunately I'm also bringing my taste for camera gear to baby gear and I like getting the high quality stuff! Man, how do you guys with kids manage to still buy camera equipment? :tongue:

Oh, Jonathan, you're JUST getting started!!! At least, at this point, you're choosing where to put the bucks. Wait until the teen years when she's standing there, holding out her hand!

Hey, you should talk - you outgrow your cameras, don't you???!!! LOL

PS: to keep your little bundle safe, most cop shops will inspect your car seat installation for you to make sure all is safely secured.

lol my wife and I are looking into child care now, and WOW some places want over 1k a month for PART TIME care! We try not to buy any clothes that aren't on clearance and we hit up the local outlet malls as well....

Oh just wait! My son goes to his band fitting day earlier this year (that's the day where they pick the instrument they want to play) and he picks the bassoon! Ummmm.....son, that is a $10,000 instrument. What was wrong with the triangle?!

My neighbor teaches private school down the street and he tells me tuition is $2k a month! That's $240,000 from K to 12! Though he said all the kids who go there are ivy league prepped!

I hear Bill Gates uses this website for his kids, I may go the internet route for education :wink:

http://www.khanacademy.org/

If worst comes to worst and I need to pony up some cash for my kid, keep an eye on the sale forum, I might be dumping some gear there in the next couple years! :biggrin:

BTW - Yay, my 7000th post!

Oh, Jonathan, you're JUST getting started!!! At least, at this point, you're choosing where to put the bucks. Wait until the teen years when she's standing there, holding out her hand!

Hey, you should talk - you outgrow your cameras, don't you???!!! LOL

PS: to keep your little bundle safe, most cop shops will inspect your car seat installation for you to make sure all is safely secured.

I lost the baby roulette and our first is coming in 2 months. Just bought a Graco infant seat and stroller yesterday, whoohoo!

I can see the whole baby industry is like the diamond industry - a money-making machine.

I lost the baby roulette and our first is coming in 2 months. Just bought a Graco infant seat and stroller yesterday, whoohoo!

I can see the whole baby industry is like the diamond industry - a money-making machine.

I had a Graco infant seat, just upgraded to the Graco baby seat. Good quality stuff. This may be trivial, but I find their plastic material to be of higher quality. Plus their designs are better thought out.

I had a Graco infant seat, just upgraded to the Graco baby seat. Good quality stuff. This may be trivial, but I find their plastic material to be of higher quality. Plus their designs are better thought out.

I liked the Chicco better but the Graco was $60 cheaper. As soon as he outgrows it, I'm gonna get this for him. Government studies be damned, he's gonna ride facing forward in style. :)

prosport_blueopal_softpoly_01.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I liked the Chicco better but the Graco was $60 cheaper. As soon as he outgrows it, I'm gonna get this for him. Government studies be damned, he's gonna ride facing forward in style. :)

http://www.recaro.com/uploads/pics/prosport_blueopal_softpoly_01.jpg

Are you sure that's a real Recaro designed baby seat? Almost looks like a rebranded 'Safety 1st' baby seat? If they really want to make it race-like, they should make baby seats in carbon fiber. That'd be sweet!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
You think it's expensive now? Just you wait!! :biggrin:

As far as clothing is concerned, I'd check out the second hand stores for gently used baby items. Many times, the clothes haven't even been worn because the baby grew too fast.

I don't understand those strollers. Those things are massive, what are you transporting, a 20 lbs child or 70 lbs of cement? How is it that a wheelchair designed to accommodate a 200 lbs adult can be smaller and lighter than a stroller for an infant? I call conspiracy theory between the stroller, mini van, suv and oil industry. ;)

Are you sure that's a real Recaro designed baby seat? Almost looks like a rebranded 'Safety 1st' baby seat?

I've heard it does great on crash tests, so I'd guess it's real, they certainly advertise it as such. Also the seat materials are very nice compared to Safety 1st seats. They have them at Buy Buy Baby.

I don't understand those strollers. Those things are massive, what are you transporting, a 20 lbs child or 70 lbs of cement? How is it that a wheelchair designed to accommodate a 200 lbs adult can be smaller and lighter than a stroller for an infant? I call conspiracy theory between the stroller, mini van, suv and oil industry. ;)

Yeah, we first went to look at travel systems cause they got lots of recommendations online. They are huge.

We ended up with this: takes only the infant seat and feels like it weighs 3 lbs:

41ESx9oT1fL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I had to go baby shopping yesterday for a new baby car seat, the old infant seat was getting too small. Spent almost 45 minutes trying to figure out how to attach it (I hate reading instructions)! Also bought a bunch of other accessories and before I know it, I'm spending hundreds of dollars! :eek:
Unfortunately I'm also bringing my taste for camera gear to baby gear and I like getting the high quality stuff! Man, how do you guys with kids manage to still buy camera equipment? :tongue:

lol...wait till the school fees come in, the fun begins...enjoy:smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom