1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

baby blue herons feeding each other

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kevin pyle, Jul 27, 2008.

1. yesterday morning shoot, two baby blue herons feeding each other.
    Unfortunately one of them fell in the water and an alligator that was not visible all morning long made his way over and ate the young blue. While its
    captured it might be abit graphic for viewers.
    Thanks for viewing.
    Kevin P.
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

D3, Sigma 120-300 2.8 & 2X tc.

2. cute shot, kevin
    very nice

3. Nice shot Kevin. Tack sharp... can't believe that you used a 2xTC with it.

4. Nice one Kevin.

5. Maji,
    the 2x lives on that lens, just like the 1.7 lived on the 300 2.8vr and the 1.4 on the 200-400. But I don't think I would have tried a 2x on the Nikon's but it sure works well with the Sigma 120-300. Thanks for viewing and the kind words.
    Kevin P.

6. cool shot Kevin., I wouldn't mind the graphic shots, just put a warning in the title if you are interested in posting them.

7. Ray,
    okay, thank you for stopping by, viewing and the kind words, I'll post the gator shots soon. Just keep me in mind if you ever decide to come to South LA to do one of your workshops. ; )
    Kevin P.

8. Adorable, Kevin! Gee, we gotta come down there someday!

9. Alex, Louis, Diane, Warren,
    thank you all for viewing and the kind words.
    Young blue herons that will grow up to be dark dark blue when mature.
    Thanks again,
    Kevin P.

10. Awesome Image Kevin, Job Well Done!!!!

11. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Super Kevin, a nice moment, and any time you get young critters it is a special shot!

12. Wade,
    thanks for veiwing and the kind words, when I first joined you guys here at NikonCafe, your photos were most inpiring.
    Kevin P.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.