Baby Boomer Qualifying Test

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BABY BOOMER QUALIFYING EXAM
(Answers are below.)
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CAN YOU.............[/FONT]

QUESTION #1:[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Name the Beatles - both the first and last name of each, of course. Consider this a warm-up. [If you can't answer this one without thinking, forget the test and move on to something else. We have nothing further to discuss.]
______________________________ ______________________________
______________________________ ______________________________
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #2:[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Finish the line: "Lions and tigers and bears, ______ _______!"
Admittedly, this came along before we boomers were born. But we remember it from both the movies and the boob tube.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #3:
"Hey kids, what time is it?" ______ _________ ________ ________.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #4:
What do M&M's do? _____ ___ ______ ________, _____ ___ ____ _______.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #5:
What helps build strong bodies 12 ways? _________.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #6:
Long before he was Mohammed Ali, before he was "The Greatest", we knew him as _________ _________.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #7:
"You'll wonder where the yellow went, _____ ____ ______ _____ ______ _____ ___________."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #8:
Those post-baby boomers, or baby boomer wannabes, know Bob Denver as the Skipper's "lil' buddy." But true boomers know that Bob Denver is actually Dobie's closest friend,
_____________ __ _____________.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #9:
M-I-C: See ya' real soon; K-E-Y: _____? _________ ___ ______ _______."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #10:
Definition: A "streaker" is someone who might go running through the lobby of the girls' dormitory ______________.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #11:
"Brylcream: ___ ________ _______ _______ ______ _______."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #12:
Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone ________ ____.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #13:
From the early days of our music, real rock 'n roll, finish this line: "I wonder, wonder, wonder...wonder who; _______ _______ ____ _______ ___ _______."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #14:
And while we're remembering rock n' roll, try this one: "War...uh-huh, huh...yea; what is it good for? ___________ ____________."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #15:
This is from a kinder and gentler protest song, but the question is just as profound: Where have all the flowers gone? Perhaps you could use a little help here: "Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing? Where have all the flowers gone? ____ ______ _____ _______ _____ ____."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #16:
Meanwhile, back home in Metropolis, Superman fights a never-ending battle for truth, justice, and ____ _______________ _______.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #17:
He came out of the University of Alabama, and became one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the NFL and later went on to appear in a television commercial wearing women's stockings. He is Broadway's ______ _____________.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #18:
"I'm Popeye the sailor man; I'm Popeye the sailor man. I'm strong to the finish, ______ __ _____ ___ _______. I'm Popeye the sailor man."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #19:
Your children probably recall that Peter Pan was recently played by Robin Williams, but we will always remember when Peter was played by ___________ ____________.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #20:
In the movie, The Graduate, young Benjamin, played by Dustin Hoffman was counseled about his future, and told to consider one thing: _______________.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #21:
In another movie from the late sixties, Luke (Paul Newman), a ne'er do well who was sent to a prison camp for cutting off the heads of parking meters with a pipe cutter. When he was captured after an unsuccessful attempt to escape, the camp commander (Strother Martin) used this experience as a lesson for the other prisoners, and explained:
"What we have here, ____ ___ ___________ _____ _________________."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #22:
In 1962, a dejected politician chastised the press after losing a race for governor while announcing his retirement from politics. "Just think, you won't have ________ ____________ to kick around any more."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #23:
"Every morning, at the mine, you could see him arrive; He stood six foot, six, weighted 245. Kinda' broad at the shoulder, and narrow at the hip. And everybody knew you didn't give no lip, ___ ____ _______."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #24:
"I found my thrill, _____ ____________ __________________." You may remember Riche Cunningham singing this. But if you are a true boomer, you know it was Fats Domino who made this line famous.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #25:
"Good night, Mrs. Calabash, ___________ ____ ____." This originated long before even the first of us boomers was born. But in order to be a true baby boomer, you have to have some breadth.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #26:
"Good night Chet. - Good night, David." "___ ____ ______ __ ___ ____."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #27.
"Liar, Liar, ______ ___ _____."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #28.
"When it's least expected, you're elected; you're the star today! Smile! _______ ___ _______ _______."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #29.
From our parents' day, as I recall, it was Pogo, the comic strip character, who said, "We have met the enemy, and ____ ____ _____."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]QUESTION #30.
Who put the bop in the bop she-bop she-bop?
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/FONT]
Answers:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 - John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr
2 - "oh my"
3 - "It's Howdy Doody Time"
4 - melt in your mouth, not in your hand
5 - Wonderbread
6 - Cassius Clay
7 - "when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent"
8 - Maynard G. Krebs
9 - "Why? Because we like you."
10 - naked
11 - "a little dab will do you."
12 - "over thirty"
13 - "who wrote the book of love."
14 - "absolutely nothing" (Seinfeld fans probably got this one.)
15 - Girls have picked them every one
16 - The American Way
17 - Joe Nameth
18 - "'cause I eats me spinach"
19 - Sandy Duncan
20 - plastics
21 - "is a failure to communicate"
22 - "**** Nixon"
23 - "to Big John"
24 - "on Blueberry Hill"
25 - "wherever you are"
26 - "And good night for NBC News".
27 - "Pants on Fire."
28 - "You're on Candid Camera."
29 - "he is us."
30 - I don't know either, but he 'made my baby fall in love with me.'
[/FONT]

I'm with you. Sandy Duncan didn't come on the scene until the 1970s. She was made famous through her small part in Banking Advertisements.

Mary Martin (The Mother of Dallas' 'JR') held our child hood fascination on a yearly basis in black and white and in the 50s.

Regards,

Paul

Hey, wait a minute! Before Peter Pan was played by Sandy Duncan, the role was made famous by Mary Martin!

(oops, showing my age here!)

Fun quiz! :smile:

I suspect the author might have been having somewhat of a "senior moment" of their own by attributing the "Don't trust anyone over 30" quote to Dylan but who's counting.

Latest threads

Top Bottom