Baby Brooklyn

Our friends had their third child and first daughter, Brooklyn, a few weeks ago. She's adorable, obviously. :biggrin:

My wife offered to go take some photos for them. She came home in tears. Lightroom was frustrating her, she had seen her images in camera and hated them, and felt horrible. It was her first time using my D700 instead of her familiar D90.

After sitting her down, culling, a little bit of light editing, she came up with almost 40 useable and, actually, quite beautiful images. Here's one of them. I just had to post this because I'm so frickin' proud of her. My wife is my love, and blows my mind with her talent all the time.

i-V75rjzR-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike, the only thing I would have to say that SHOULDN'T be taken as negative feedback, is that she cut off her little toes-ies. Other than that, this image is perfect. I love the natural light and she looks just precious!

Great job Jehn! I think you did awesome, and what did you think of that D700 in your hands eh? :tongue:

Jehn did an awesome job!

I have to admit, going from a camera like the d90 to the d700 is huge! I was so disappointed in my pictures of my first session with my d300s as I switched from the d40x.

I'd like to see more pictures!

I'd like to see more pictures!

Ask and ye' shall receive:

i-gJPj435-XL.jpg

i-qQnPkxz-XL.jpg

Here is one of Brooklyn's older brothers, Cooper.

i-qvtBqvj-XL.jpg

And here's one with a different edit to it, but I LOVED the sunflare. :biggrin:

i-MDB6mcv-XL.jpg

Scotty and Libstermeister... I agree.

She's just very hard on herself and easily flustered. Once she sent a few off to her friend, and her friend was all lyke "OMG SO AWESOME I LOVE THESE LYKE WHOA!" then she felt better. :biggrin:

Scotty and *Libstermeister... I agree.

She's just very hard on herself and easily flustered. **Once she sent a few off to her friend, and her friend was all lyke "OMG SO AWESOME I LOVE THESE LYKE WHOA!" then she felt better. :biggrin:

* Perfect.

** Funny how that always helps :biggrin:

Scotty and Libstermeister... I agree.

She's just very hard on herself and easily flustered. Once she sent a few off to her friend, and her friend was all lyke "OMG SO AWESOME I LOVE THESE LYKE WHOA!" then she felt better. :biggrin:

Mike I have to say that I've been called libster and libmeister, but never the two in one name! kudos to you :tongue:

And I have to say that I feed off of compliments from my clients. I'm not happy till they're happy!!

And plus, newborns are actually extremely hard to photograph! You'd think since all they do is eat, sleep, and poop, it would be easy, but really they're harder to shoot than they look!

Mike, the only thing I would have to say that SHOULDN'T be taken as negative feedback, is that she cut off her little toes-ies. Other than that, this image is perfect. I love the natural light and she looks just precious!

Great job Jehn! I think you did awesome, and what did you think of that D700 in your hands eh? :tongue:

Same thing I first saw but yes it's a great photo!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom