Baby Goshawk

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Jun 23, 2005.

1. These photos are not that great, but I thought you might like to see what a baby Goshawk looks like, as they are a fairly rare thing...

and here is Mom

2. Nice to see Rory! The mom must be kept busy feeding that lot. :) :)

Thanks for sharing.

3. For such a beautiful bird when they are adults the youngsters are kind of ugly. Thanks for sharing these images Rory.

4. Considering the difficult circumstances I think the pictures are amazing, Defintively keepers!

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks for the peek at the youngsters

Without your recording these, I know I would've nver seen one! Good job!

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I agree with all above. Excellent shots Rory. :wink:

7. Excellent shots so how far of the beaten trail is this nest, love the mature shot it is stunning

8. I have been helicopter dropped on a ridge. It is about a 45 minute hike down to the nest site. It is another 2 hours to hike down to a logging road.

We have a small support helicopter for the helicopter harvesting we do that I have been able to catch a ride on.

The mature shot is a result of the female taking a dim view to my presence and dive bombing me. this is the first time she has done this, no doubt to protect the fledglings, even though I was over 100 feet away. Unfortunately it was dark and I under exposed that one by a stop.

9. Rory I will take your "not great shots" any day. This is a bird I would never have seen if you had not posted it. Thanks.