1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Baby Goshawk

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Nice to see Rory! The mom must be kept busy feeding that lot. :)  :) 

Thanks for sharing.

2. For such a beautiful bird when they are adults the youngsters are kind of ugly. Thanks for sharing these images Rory.

3. Considering the difficult circumstances I think the pictures are amazing, Defintively keepers!

4. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks for the peek at the youngsters

Without your recording these, I know I would've nver seen one! Good job!

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I agree with all above. Excellent shots Rory. :wink:

6. Excellent shots so how far of the beaten trail is this nest, love the mature shot it is stunning

7. I have been helicopter dropped on a ridge. It is about a 45 minute hike down to the nest site. It is another 2 hours to hike down to a logging road.

We have a small support helicopter for the helicopter harvesting we do that I have been able to catch a ride on.

The mature shot is a result of the female taking a dim view to my presence and dive bombing me. this is the first time she has done this, no doubt to protect the fledglings, even though I was over 100 feet away. Unfortunately it was dark and I under exposed that one by a stop.

8. Rory I will take your "not great shots" any day. This is a bird I would never have seen if you had not posted it. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.