Baby Monkeys

Recently I was lucky enough to go to The Gambia and amongst other things I got to see and photograph Green Vevet & Red Colobus Monkeys in the wild. The Green Vevet Monkeys where very friendly & some what cheeky whilst the Red Colobus monkeys were a lot shyer. I was also lucky enough for a good friend to lend me their Fujinon 55-140mm F2.8 loosely equivalent of a 70-200mm F2.8 on a full frame and a x1.4 teleconverter equivalent of a x1.4 teleconverter on full frame. Both of which I was extremely grateful for when trying to freeze moneys with all the shade from the canopy above. Although it was noticeable how warm the Black lens got (it was in the high 90s for the entire trip) and I did miss my old Tropical Grey Lens for that reason, but I didn't miss the weight, especially when trying to convince airport security that my camera bag weight less than 5kg and could come on as hand luggage. I will admit that this was very much my first attempt at wildlife photography being more of a Landscape & Studio photographer myself and I definitely gained a level of respect for those that have mastered wildlife.

Rather than post 101 monkey shots I figured it best to share a selection of the shots I got of the youngsters:

Green-Vevet-Monkey-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Green-Vevet-Monkey-2.jpg
Green-Vevet-Monkey-3.jpg
Red-Colobus-Monkey-1.jpg
Red-Colobus-Monkey-2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom