Baby shots...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Backdoctor, Feb 26, 2005.

1. taken with the low res D2H, 300 f4 and 1.4x all handheld.

a fresh beetle for lunch:
    proud parent:

2. Harris,

Are these birds in some sort of protected area? It would seem that the little chick would be taken by a dog or cat or some other predator since it appears to be on the open ground and can't fly.

Bob

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Harris,

Now that is a cute baby.... 8)

Great shots.

Frank

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Harris,

Great shots. So cute. They look so different than what they will become as they grow.

Well done!

5. These birds are feeding just on the side of the road. The parents are ok with me being from 25-40 ft away. One went for a lady who was not as close as I, I think it was her pink shirt. They watch me for a moment, then go back to feeding and eating, which is a sign they are comfortable with the situation. Yes, a raptor could take the baby, but he'd have to chance the long bill of the parents.

I've had adults walk up to me, I could almost pet them.

6. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Great shots Harris!!

I'm sort of stealing myself to the baby not making it simply because so few do, especially in such an exposed situation.

Sorry, sounds morbid and pessimistic and, of course, I'm hoping like heck the chick does make it and that you continue to provide us with these wonderful images so we can share the chick's growth vicariously.

Neil