Baby steps

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Bigmuddy, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Just my third game shooting (in about 4 days) but learning alot as I go along and loving it.
    As the title says I am taking baby steps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    #2 is a cool perspective...How did you get that angle...Looks like you were
    higher than the players..

3. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Good eye Rod.., yes you are correct. Their is a box that sits about 1 foot higher right behind home plate where the score keepers sit. This was a JV game so the box was empty and I jumped in and took several shots.

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Brian, it appears that you were shooting in heavy overcast skies and that tends to leave images rather flat. When the sun comes out, I think that your results are going to be sweet. Both of these images are composed well and the action that you caught is real nice. I'm looking forward to more of your shots and I'll do my best to send some sunshine your way.:890:

5. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    These are some nice shots. You know how to capture the action, and facial expressions. I also like the perspective of the #2 shot. Well done.

6. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Frank, yes it was very overcast and the dust was blowing. I did take my shots in A-mode and used some of your other great suggestions in this shoot.

Thanks for your comments Jeff and for looking at my shots. The fence behind home plate is 10 feet high, and the outfield fence is about 6.5 feet high. So I am struggling on how to get the batter and runners from the front