Baby Toy Poodle

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by Seneca, May 30, 2007.

1. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    By no means a great picture...not even good - but one I had to share with ya'll (yes I'm from Texas). My toy poodle gave birth to 5 poodles on MOTHER's DAY...here is one of them. Probably weighing 3-4 ounces each. I'm not a big person (5'1) so this is my hand. The stitch you see on the end of his tail is from where they (the vet) chopped it off (2 days later) so he'll have the pompom tail later on. I delivered all 5, but lost one (it was breached). Couldn't understand why my toy poodle just didn't have the energy to help deliver them - she just layed there. Again...not a good picture cause I'm holding the poodle and holding the camera, so it's slightly blurred.

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    This may belong in the animal forum

Precious little baby

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Yeah you're right...I realized it after I posted it. Admin feel free to move it...I have no clue how to do that.

4. Doesn't matter about which forum... Luv the photo, it reminded me of when our Golden Retriever gave birth to 13 pups... They are so helpless when first born, and soooo cute, not to mention a big handful over the next 12 weeks, good luck.... LOL...
    Thanks for sharing your joy....

5. It's a beautiful shot and I love the little pink paws.

I did move this into the Animal forum.

6. Lowolf

Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    Oregon
    congrats on the litter
    and sorry for the loss of one of them
    great image

7. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thanks they are the cutest.

8. Congrats on your litter. If momma only laid there, how did you get the pups out? We do C-sections on our corgis because they have problems with whelping. Not so many people in my area breed toy poodles anymore.

Hope to see pics as the babies grow!

9. Awwwwwww!!!!!!! Such a cute little mite!!

OHcorgis: a friend of mine has a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and several years ago she bred her. Chloe was able to successfully deliver 4 pups before becoming exhausted so we loaded her and the newborn puppies into the car and drove to the vet clinic. I was in the back seat with the puppies, Chloe at my feet. She shifted slightly, so I looked down...and saw a glistening black lump at her rear. I shouted, "Pam! She's just had another one!" Pam pulled the car over and we tried to revive that puppy, but sadly, it didn't make it. At the vet clinic Chloe was x-rayed and it was discovered that she still had two more puppies in there. The vet delivered them by c-section and both did just fine. First time I'd ever seen puppies born and first time I'd ever seen a c-section. I photographed the entire thing with my Coolpix 995. It was quite a day!

10. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

When she contracted she did want to tear open the bubble...but I woudn't let her until I knew it was half way out. From there there I just grabbed a small end of it and used some scissors to open the bubble and took the puppy out and used a instrument to clean out the nose and mouth.

I could've save the breached one, but I went to the other room for a while and when I came back I noticed she was trying to deliver it, but had already busted the bubble; the head was not out yet, so it suffocated.

I should've just stayed with her for the 7 hours it took to deliver all of them.:frown: She lost a girl.

11. Schnauzermom

Schnauzermom

Apr 13, 2007
    Michigan
    Look at those teeny 'lil paw pads!

12. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    I know...hard to believe it's a dog...looks like a little rat. This one will be about 9 pounds fully grown - he's got about 8 1/2 pounds to go.