1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Baby's First Birthday

Discussion in 'People' started by Bluth_Fan, Sep 15, 2008.

1. My friend's baby just turned 1 this past Saturday and I took some pictures of the festivities. All shot with the 50mm f/1.8. Tell me what you think - I'm very new to taking pictures of wiggly babies! :) 

2855058124_4a8967aa8d.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Faceful of cake!
    2855037150_6336037189.jpg

Swingtime!
    2854157947_97df2a79cf.png

He's so cute, it kills me!
    2854162505_cbb459f83c.jpg

2. Shot #1: It's imortant to choose a perspective that results placing the child against a background that doesn't distract from the subject. Taking this picture in portrait mode would have eliminate much of the background, and would have avoided cropping the baby's hands at the wrists, which is a no-no.

Shot #2: I love it, but it needs levels and white balance adjustments. I'd also crop it so the small red element at the upper right border of the frame is eliminated.

Shot #3: My favorite, but it needs to be cropped much tighter.

Shot #4: This should have been shot in portrait mode. Once again, cropping a limb near a joint is a no-no, as is the partial foot.

3. Thanks for all the pointers! :)  I really appreciate all the help!

I'll have to visit my friend more often and practice taking pictures of this cutie!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.