1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Back after a long absence....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spencer313, Jul 17, 2008.

1. spencer313

spencer313 Guest

Hi, all...

I am back on NC after a bit of a gap. Work had kept me a little too busy.

I have been keeping the D3 as limbered up as I can. A good friend of mine asked me to do some photos of her for an upcoming book. Terry's website is HERE. Both of these are shot with North window light. We were in the same position for both, I just removed the black background to reveal her kitchen for the second.

[​IMG]
    (shot with the 28-70 at 70mm)

[​IMG]
    (shot with the 85/1.4 at....... 1.4! Nute made me do it.)
    More about her book when details become available.

I also shot a party (as a guest) for a buddy of mine, and these were a couple of my favorites...

[​IMG]
    (the 17-35 at 22mm)
    This was shot was back lit by the setting sun and front lit with a single SB-800 pointing backward and up, over my head to a 48-inch white Lastolite reflector held by a helper. I rather like how that setup performed.

[​IMG]
    (the 85 at 1.4 again, available light)

[​IMG]
    (the 70-200 at 70mm)

Enjoy!

2. Wolfie

Wolfie

Jun 16, 2008
    Hazel Green, AL
    WoW!

Welcome back! I'm a newbie here in the cafe so it's very nice to meet you! Those pictures are awesome btw. especially the one of the dock, that one just pulled me right in and it was like I was there for a split second. perfect like, I love the cloud formations!

I just got a D40 and am currently learning on it (relearning rather), and I hope someday my photo's are as breathtaking as your dock shot and as awesome as the others.

nice lighting on the 'executive?' shot. like how they are towering over seemingly living life at the fullest. and the one with the chicken is just adorable!

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Welcome back Spencer! It's good to see that you have kept up with the shooting!

4. Glad to see you back, Spencer! Funny how a person's avatar sinks from memory until they pop back in again.

Sean

5. Well Hello Spencer, welcome back.

6. spencer313

spencer313 Guest

Tim: Thank you for your kind words! I learned loads from being right here in the Cafe... you'll do great.

Chris: Nice to see your, um, avatar again. :)  It's good to be back.

Sean, Raul: Hi. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.