Back from Japan

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by banzaisteve, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  2. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice series. Are those pictures from Kyoto ?

3. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    Wonderful serie! I've always been fascinated by this country and it's culture. I only hope I one day get the chance to visit there while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.:smile:

4. Fishsauce - Thanks. Yup, Kyoto :D. You been there?

Aisble - Thank you! Honestly, you can enjoy the country at any age. I saw older older people there and they seemed to be enjoying it. The country is amazing and definently a great place to visit.

5. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    Steve :

Yah, Kyoto's just a photographer's dream ! I had a thoroughly wondrous time wandering there and surrounding areas.

More shots ?

John P.

6. It is! I loved taking the pics I did. Didn't get too many though, 'cause a typhoon hit, so it was raining whole time I was there. More pics as requested. Check back in 10mins on original post.

7. Great stuff! I have a week long business trip coming up to Kyoto. What's the best places to go to when I find some time off to give the camera some exercise.? Would it be possible to say what each picture is of?

Thanks !

Ronnie

8. Great captures! :smile:

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    4th one is a favorite here

10. Thanks Ronnie! Kiyomizudera is a really great place to visit(picture 5, 14, 15) which is located on the eastern side of town. On the western side of town is Arashiyama. It's a great spot for taking your camera. Once you are down there you can go any direction and you'll see shrines/temples. There's also a bamboo forest in that area which was pretty cool. If you take the train to get down there, you can go left once you get out the station and you'll see a river and the bridge. If you cross the bridge and go right at end of street and go up stairs on left not too far down, there is the mountain where you can see the monkeys. The Golden Pavilion located in the nothern part of Kyoto is definently a place to see(pic 4). I'm not that great with explaining stuff, but here is a site that helped me somewhat. If you need anything else, shoot me a PM or something.

Yeah, I wish they sky wasn't like that though, would have turned out better. ;/

11. Thanks for taking the time to answer, Steve. I may have a couple of days to wander round the town and there is an organised half day tour. I'll need to make sure I have space for the D200 in my bag !

Thanks !

Ronnie

12. Those pictures made me miss Japan so bad. I wish I could go back for a holiday someday.

13. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

unfortunately the darkness you prefer (looks unedited muddy to me) is not accentuating these images for me. Are you sure its a style thing for you?

14. No problem Ronnie :tongue:

Sorry you feel that way.:Unsure: Yeah it is. If I was a lot better with photoshop, I'm sure they'd look way different, but until then I'm fine with the way they come out after editing them since I haven't had ps very long.

15. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

ah, that makes more sense. There is a wealth of technical expertise here Steve. If you want to learn/clarify something just ask in the appropriate forum.

16. sillybgoat

sillybgoat Guest

Very nice. I would probably straighten a few of them that seemed a bit off kilter, but very nice.