Back from Miami

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nburwell, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Just got home about an hour ago from Miami. I must say, that was one crazy three days! I don't know how I was able to shoot 200+ RAW files in the three days that I spent there. It's just such a totally different atmosphere and people are so laid back down there. Not to mention the women, oh the beautiful women! One was more beautiful than the next. It's probably going to take me a couple days to process all the images I shot, but you all know I will post up pictures sooner or later just keep a look out!

Note to Steve: I totally forgot to email you before I arrived in Miami. I could've used a tour on Tuesday during the day since I really didn't do much besides louge around the pool and tan, haha.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Welcome back Nick. As to 200+ shots in 3 days, well, on my visit to the Alligator Farm (bird rookery) in St Augustine in June, I shot that many in 2 hours. :oops:

Course, you probably got a little higher percentage of keepers. 8)

3. Don't talk about the beautiful women Nick, post those image. Welcome back.

4. Frank, I think the kind of birds he shot were different than what we shot! ;) And anyway, it probably took a little longer looking through the viewfinder before pressing the button. :D

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kev,

I was thinking the exact same thing. Problem is, if I went shooting those kinds of birds, Janie would toss my gear in the dump. :roll:

6. I feel embarrassed now. :oops: Then again I only have a 1gb, 512mb and 256mb CF cards. I would've loved to take more pictures, but I had to go get some sun too, haha.

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    No need. When you are firing off shots at flying birds at 8 FPS, it's easy to build up a huge quantity. Much harder to get huge quality though. Not a high keeper rate :roll:

8. OK already Nick quit spending time on this fora and get busy processing your images. All Frank and Kev want to talk about are birds. Focus Nick!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Nick
    I know what you mean (about the women) and trust me it's not as laid back as you think.

10. Hopefully this one picture can hold you over, Gordon:lol: . I have some more, just have not gotten to processing them yet.

DSC_0110-01.

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Uh Nick, is that a Great Egret??

:roll: 8) :lol: :twisted: