Back from my holiday!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harry S., Sep 8, 2005.

1. Hi my friends!
    I am back from a 3 week holiday to Belarus, where we (my wife and me) visited my in-laws.

I survived the consumption of 32 species of mushroom and I will be ready to take up with my regular Cafe activities again as soon as I have finished the preparation of a powerpoint presentation (on taxonomic prostitution :smile: )which has to be finished till saturday.

Bob (the Spiderman) already warned me of the new look of the forum. It certainly requires getting used to but so far I like it.

Cheers

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Welcome back Harry !!!

You have beeen missed. Hope yourholiday was great.. (not to many mushrooms) lol

Look foward to your great images.

Cheers

3. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Welcome back Harry!

To change the colors of the site, go down to the bottom of the page and you'll see a menu on the left side, with 2 choices 1) nikon - the yellow/gray colors and 2) Default Style, which are the same colors as the old style.

4. Welcome back Harry... I'm coming home tomorrow...
    32 kinds of mushrooms...??? wow/// :Headset:

5. Hi Harry,

This subject is bringing back memories - icefishing and skiwalking during the wintertime, waterskiing during summertime and mushroompicking during autumn - and the daily sauna (banja).

I have been working there for 1 year (2001) on a chemical complex, i.e.: Polymir in Novopolotsk.

I am looking forward on seeing your pictures!

Did you enjoy the Belorussian water?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2005
  6. Hi Harrie!

I definitely enjoyed the water - since they have plenty of it. One day I joined my father- and brother-in-law fishing.
    But most of all I appreciate that almost all rivers and streams are still allowed to flow in their natural river-beds and are often accompanied by vast bogs and swamps. One day I will go back to Berezinsky Biosphere Reserve with a long lens to watch and capture the capercaillies and European bisons there.

My in-laws also have a banja, in their dadzha, but when we were their I did not use it because I was slightly drunk - I love the Byelorussian Vodka because you don't have any hangover or headache when you get a bit too much. Also the Samahonka is not bad. Generally, the Scandinavian and Byelorussian Vodka is to be preferred over the Russian products (you may never be sure what's in the bottle :eek: ).

I will put up a Belorus gallery in the near future, a mixture of 2004 (CP5700) and 2005 (D1X and CP5700).

One funny thing I recognized with people: the more religious they are, the more are they prone to have all kinds of (sometimes weird) superstitions.

Cheers

7. So that's where you have been. To see 32 species of mushroom would be enough for most of us but to eat that many is above and beyond. Welcome back Harry.