Back from NYC

Discussion in 'People' started by Kemnik, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Hey guys, I am usually in this wedding/portrait forum so I thought I'd let you know I posted a grip full of pictures from my NYC trip here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=179043

I need to get back in here and start checking out more of your pics. I've been out of touch!!! This place is addicting...

P.S, my 35-70 2.8 and I finally made up and I think I'm in love once again. I was on the edge about keeping it or not, but servicing it and using it almost exclusively in NYC made me love it more.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Very nice Kurt. I see that you were playing with your shutter speed. I was actually doing the same thing yesterday. Not in NYC though,:frown: just around town.

3. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks Debbie, yeah I was really into conveying motion for some reason. It was bright enough out there to freeze anything, but I'd purposely shoot at a tenth of a second or so to convey motion. Many times I had the camera on a park bench or rock, etc. (pushing down on it for stability). Wish I had my tripod there, but it actually was a good experience for learning how to work around the issue with what I did have.