Back from NYC

Discussion in 'People' started by Kemnik, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Hey guys, I am usually in this wedding/portrait forum so I thought I'd let you know I posted a grip full of pictures from my NYC trip here: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=179043

I need to get back in here and start checking out more of your pics. I've been out of touch!!! This place is addicting...

P.S, my 35-70 2.8 and I finally made up and I think I'm in love once again. I was on the edge about keeping it or not, but servicing it and using it almost exclusively in NYC made me love it more.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Very nice Kurt. I see that you were playing with your shutter speed. I was actually doing the same thing yesterday. Not in NYC though,:frown: just around town.

3. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks Debbie, yeah I was really into conveying motion for some reason. It was bright enough out there to freeze anything, but I'd purposely shoot at a tenth of a second or so to convey motion. Many times I had the camera on a park bench or rock, etc. (pushing down on it for stability). Wish I had my tripod there, but it actually was a good experience for learning how to work around the issue with what I did have.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.