Back from the Bahamas

Discussion in 'People' started by srwatters, Jul 30, 2007.

1. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    I recently returned from the Atlantis resort on Paradise Island in the Bahamas. Of course I couldn't go without the D200...

Just a couple of snaps of my daughters smooching with the locals. These were handheld with 70-200VR + 1.7 TC from at least 30 yards away. I'm not thrilled with the IQ, but they'll work fine as memories for when the girls are older.

My 8 year old Sara
    [​IMG]

The precocious 5 year old Rachel
    [​IMG]

Together with their Uncle who traveled with us.
    [​IMG]

One note is that the staff photographers at the resort were Kodak based and used Nikon D40s. I didn't take note of the glass, but they looked like lower end kit zooms. I didn't even ask what the cost of prints were, but they had on site printing and kiosk proofing. There were some very nice quality large format prints on the wall as examples. It's a nice experience if you ever go there.

2. Looks like they had a good time Scott. The pictures should make excellent keepsakes of their time there.

3. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Thanks Roy!

The girls really did have a good time.

4. These are great. I love to see vacation shots like these. Looks like fun.

30 yards??? What's wrong Scott? Are you afraid to jump in the water with your D200?:biggrin:

5. srwatters

srwatters

Feb 27, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Thanks! We did have a good time.
    I would have been in front of the staff shooter had they let me in the water. Even as a paid observer, I had to stay on the beach and the man made peninsula that was 30 yards from the 'interaction' spot. The entire resort is very 'safety conscious'. So much so that at times it was a pain. For the prices we paid, the dolphins should have kissed me :rolleyes: :Wink:

My guess is that they are very litigation fearful. Too bad.

6. Your girls will love to have these when they get older.
    Nice job.

Tim