Back from the wedding shoot...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Uncle Frank, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Nancy and I flew home this morning, and I've spent most of the day looking through the 800 pictures I took during our trip to Sedona, Arizona. It was a weekend of firsts... our first visit to Sedona, my first wedding as the prime photographer, and the first time I've had the chance to try out my new 28-70mm lens in a Mission Critical evironment. I'm still working on the gallery, but here's some samples... scenics from Sedona and some people pics.

View attachment 7734

View attachment 7735

View attachment 7736

View attachment 7737

View attachment 7738

View attachment 7739

View attachment 7740

View attachment 7741

View attachment 7742

View attachment 7743

View attachment 7744

2. Frank,

Those are great. I enjoyed both the wedding and landscape photographs. I have to report back with my wedding pictures.

3. Looks great, Frank. 800 pictures as good as these should keep you busy for a while!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Wow Frank, you outdid yourself on these. The wedding pics look great, and I'm sure that the B & G will be thrilled. The landscape shots are awesome. I'd like to see a few more of these when you get them processed.

Welcome back.

Frank

5. Thanks, Jay and Virginia. Yes, I'll be busy for a few days getting these pictures ready for procution, but it'll be a labor of love 8).

6. Wonderful images Frank and welcome home. Looks like the weather cooperated and of course that is a beautiful area. Look forward to more.

7. Thanks, Gordon! I was pleased with the locale, the weather, and the way my gear worked out. I had anticipated using the 80-200 and 60mm micro quite a bit, but the 28-70 covered 98% of my needs. I'll link the gallery once I work my way through it.

8. Frank,

Looks like everything went A-OK!

Photos look great!

Geno

9. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

10. Looks like you had fun, Frank.

The "great shots" is a given.

I see the menfolk are wearing the famous "Black Watch" tartan. The regiment that wore that eponymous cloth were renowned as tough cookies.

They were spoken of with awe by their enemies as "the devils in skirts".

11. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Frank,
    These pictures are wonderful! I felt like I was there and the scenery is fantastic too. Great job!
    That 28-70 is a wonder!

Gaye

12. Wow
    Frank excellent job the couple should be pleased as can be, great scenics also, my fiancé just got back from Sedona/Grand Canyon area and loved it, will be traveling out there this fall.

13. mrdinh

mrdinh

Mar 8, 2005
    North Dakota
    mr.frank...nice work...can't wait to see more

14. UF,

Very nice job. The detail in the wedding dress is awesome. I helped to take pictures of a friends wedding last year and may have the opportunity to help again with another friends wedding this year.

The pictures of Sedona are gorgeous too not to mention the reception being held with the view of those beautiful mountains.

15. The groom and his men are large people, and were all athletes. The groom stands 6' 3", weighs in at nearly 17 stone, and started at linebacker during his years at Georgia Tech. His older brother is even larger, and had a brief professional career as a tight end for the Detroit Lions. But once they put those skirts on, they got in touch with their inner children :lol:.

16. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    Well Uncle Frank, you're off to a great start as the primary wedding photographer. Now..... how did you like shooting a wedding?
    Was everyone there and dressed on time for the pictures beforehand?
    What did you learn that will benefit you on the next one?
    Jarrell

17. ... or maybe a great finish :roll:.

It was great fun. You're right in the middle of everything, and it's a joy to take pictures of such pretty, happy people... but, it's strenuous business. The shoot started at 9AM and was continuous up till 5PM. My shoulders and wrists ached by the time I wrapped up. And now, I've been reviewing and editing pictures for the last day and a half, and am only halfway done.

Hell no :lol:. Thank goodness I had Nancy to help round people up and pose them!

That it's better to leave it to the young bucks?

But it has it's rewards. And I'm sure after it's all done, and if the bride and groom like the gallery, I'll probably forget the tough part and do another 8).

18. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Great job Frank!

The wedding pics are fine, but, for me, the scenics are outstanding.

Neil

19. Hey, thanks, Neil. I think that's the first time anyone has used the term "outstanding" with reference to one of my scapes :).