1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

back order on 70-200vr

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by downloader, Aug 9, 2008.

1. downloader

downloader

Jul 25, 2008
    montreal
    Ok so this forum kinda helped me make up my mind about getting the 70-200 vr. So with my credit card in had I go to the camera shop and wait in line to be served. My turn comes I ask for the 70-200. Salesman tells me what a great lens and blah blah blah. He check its out of stock. Tell me its a back order until the end of sept. In all of Canada. Does this make any sense? I have tried on line to find some most of the places I trust have it marked as out of stock. Why the low amount of copies of this great lens?

2. Don't know if you're interested in buying from the US or not, but Allen's Camera in Philadelphia is pretty good about having a huge selection of pro lenses in stock, and at good prices too. They sell the 70-200 for $1624US. They don't have a web store, so you'll have to call them to order. Great, friendly service. You won't be sorry. www.allenscamera.com

3. johnmh

johnmh

Nov 21, 2007
    Greater NYC
    Word is new version is out soon (multiple 'rumors' from various sources) - supply of 'old'' version may be running low.

4. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    Yeah but rumors are just that...rumors. How long can we wait before a confirmed announcement comes out?

5. I don't know how they can improve on the current 70-200. Maybe a Nano coating, but is that REALLY gonna make that much difference? Maybe the new version will vignette less and be sharper in the corners on the FX bodies. If that's important to you, then wait. If not, then buy now. It's an awesome lens for sure.

6. dutchtrumpet

dutchtrumpet

May 2, 2007
    Dallas
    Competitive Camera in Dallas always has several in stock. Also not a web store but one of the top US Nikon outlets.

7. This lens is always is short supply that is unable to keep up with the high demand. There is this board and others that you can cruise for used ones, they pop up now and again. You would have to forgo the Canadian warranty if you buy a used US copy, but you may also save a few hundred bucks, which is what I did to get my copy, best telephoto I've ever had.

AM

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.