1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Back to Birding, Finally

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Jose Suro, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Hi all,

Haven't been out shooting much but finally got out today and lucked out on some birds. Feels great to be back out shooting. All of these are mostly full frame. I did learn something today though. Richard was shooting right next to me with his Canon 40D and 500mm. When the light got tough (backlit owl and harsh hawk) he had problems with contrast, and we did have some time to work on these birds. We concluded that the D300 has a bit more dynamic range than the 40D - by about a stop and a half, and that is quite a bit. Interesting....

Thanks for looking.

Best,

Jose

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Back with a bang Jose, sweet shots.

3. bfjr

bfjr Guest

good stuff Jose :wink:

4. thrdprophet

thrdprophet

May 13, 2007
    Modesto, CA
    Best way to shoot birds,

yes with a camera...

good shots!

5. Nice shots, José. The 3rd is very well composed and is my favourite.

6. Beautiful set Jose!

Yes, you should do more birding.

7. As always beautifully done Jose!

8. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Great shots and presentation

9. beauties buddy, yes, the d300 has great DR, and it sure makes a difference.

10. Excellent shots Jose.

Can you please tell me what is the gear you use to get such shots?

11. Another fine series Jose. Nicely done.

12. Nice shots. I like the sad look in the first one. I am used to owls giving me the mean "kiss off" look.

Is John Chestnut Park a good location in February? If so I (we) will have to go there next year.

13. I agree Jose you are back in style. Well done.

14. Great shots Jose..can they get any better? WOW!!

15. You never disappoint Jose. Beautiful set.

16. Great shots! Love #3. Joy To The World!

17. DW Brewer

DW Brewer Guest

Jose:
    There are photographers and there are artisans; craftsmen who perfect the art of imaging. You, sir, are an artisan! Excellent images.

18. I missed these don't know why, what an excellent series Jose, where are you BTW?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.