Back to kids soccer - under the sun

I've been away for a while and finally picked the camera back up. I think that I've retired from coaching (famous last words) and reassumed my rightful place behind the camera.

Wonderful late August afternoon to sit outside and watch with bright sun and not a cloud in the sky - everything you hate as a photog. I did my best to expose for the faces, raise the shadows in post and recover as much of the blown highlights as possible. Thankfully the new bodies really help with dynamic range challenges.

Here's a sampling. Let me know what you think.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the great suggestion. Adjusted above and it does make it flow better visually.

Nice work Chris. Cardinal Cup? First year my sons team (now U17) has not played in it. Always hot and steamy:biggrin:
Looking foward to his games to start.

Mike

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Mike and Chris.

Mike - this was the preseason Scrimmage Fest in Frederick, MD. My son is starting U9 Travel. He's excited to play and I'm excited to shoot. We play in Centerville at Arrowhead Park later in October against CYA Soccer. What club does your son play for?

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom