Back to the Nikon fold

After trying hard to go forward with Leica (M9), my 65 years old eyes got the better of it.
So, back to a Nikon DSLR it is.
After checking out the current models on the market, I went for a simple, but good quality set up:
D600, 24-70 2.8 AF-S and a 70-200 2.8 AF-S VR II.

Full frame is a must for me and I did not want to go back to a big Pro DSLR (my last nikon was a D3x). That pretty much left the D800 and the D600.
After the first few days I am very pleased with the results.

After trying hard to go forward with Leica (M9), my 65 years old eyes got the better of it.
So, back to a Nikon DSLR it is.
After checking out the current models on the market, I went for a simple, but good quality set up:
D600, 24-70 2.8 AF-S and a 70-200 2.8 AF-S VR II.

Full frame is a must for me and I did not want to go back to a big Pro DSLR (my last nikon was a D3x). That pretty much left the D800 and the D600.
After the first few days I am very pleased with the results.

Sad to hear you had to let the M9 go... But the D600 is an amazing camera too... Awesome sensor and specs.
I'd get a lightweight 50 1.8G too... just to keep the weight down and IQ high ;).

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Welcome back! And you were never really gone! LOL!

Welcome back! And you were never really gone! LOL!
Thanks Karen :smile:.
Right you are, although I was definitely drifting away with no more Nikon gear at all.
It sure was easy on the wallet shopping for my 2 very good Nikon lenses after paying Leica prices (try $ 4,000 or so for a 50mm f/1.4 Summilux ASPH - and that is definitely not the most expensive 50mm by a long shot :eek:). But I must add that the Leica glass is unique - I know will miss it.

Hey Frits! I'm curious as to your thoughts on the D600 after you've had some time to soak it in.

Welcome back, Frits! I'm having both systems now and i would say a mirrorless camera never can replace a DSLR, particular a FX camera, regardless it's a $6000 Leica or $3000 Sony RX1.
However, your hands' muscles now work harder with those excellent lenses ;-)

That is a great setup, Frits! But, coming from prime's I wonder if you will not miss them after a while...

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom