Back to the Sun

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Backdoctor, Feb 3, 2005.

1. My home puter is having problems. Dell was trying to tell me that both hard drives failed. I was just getting to backup on an ext. HD when that happened. May not be so, seems the new one they put in failed, so it may be the mother board. Good news as i wont lose all my photos for 5 months. Here is one from today, only processed in NC4, no crop or final sharpen in PSCS as my laptop has a printer driver making PSCS crash.

too bad he wasnt facing the other way. Handheld with the D2H, 300f4 and 1.4x. They at least still work.

[​IMG]

And Mike, I have some of that cormorant swallowing that big mullet coming soon.

What do you all think, should I have tried to lighten it more. Realize, I am on my laptop, but I could connect my LaCie I suppose.

2. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Very nice, but yep, could go lighter

through Shadow/Highlight tool or DEE. I have a new rule since my Fla trip, in which I did a bunch of editing on my new laptop. It's ALWAYS edit lighter and esp more contrasty than you think when editing on a laptop!

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I'm so jealous Harris....

Nothing here but rain, fog, and cold. I'm so depressed, and then you post this.

Thanks a lot buddy.... :cry:

Nice Pic. :eek:

Frank

4. Facing the other way? You wanted a Bird Butt Shot :?: :?: :?:

How rude........... :wink:

I'm with Frank, what the heck is this Sun stuff anyway? Of course my wife and I just watched Day after Tomorrow last night.........

5. Looks good to me

Harris
    Very nice I just cant wait till I come down there. I think the color looks good it is so hard to work on a laptop, and get the shots looking right compared to a nice monitor.

6. I really like it just the way it is....the backlighting (which is really side-lighting here) gives it much more character than if it were just straight-on! This is a great shot!

7. I think it looks great backlit like that. It's fun to vary the lighting once in a while. You have managed to keep detail both front and back.

Gordon

8. JC

JC

Jan 27, 2005
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Harris,

Do you ever use fill flash on the birds with one of those flash extenders? A little bit might have gone a long way. Or, as Steve said, use DEE or PS's shadow highlight.

Send the birdies this way. The rain has stopped and we're bright and sunny all week.

Joel

9. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Harris,

I think I need to come down there to fix your computers. It would be great if we could coordinate that with the session. Oh well, just dreaming. :)

Nice pic!

10. here's another shot of this guy

[​IMG]

more ligh on the face.

11. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Re: Very nice, but yep, could go lighter

Interesting - I need to go darker and more contrast on my Powerbook as compared to my emac's crt.

12. Joe,

I havent used it out in the field. I travel very light. The camera on a monopod. I may try it sometime though.