Backlit Trees in Prince William Sound

Real Name
Dan
Another shot from our trip on PWS last week. The morning backlighting on the mossy trees and the glassy water grabbed my attention so I tried to capture it. I think this is a pretty good representation of what I recall in my mind's eye.

Shot in Siwash Bay, Prince William Sound, Alaska

p3915129926-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Dan
Beautiful as well as peaceful.
Thanks, Gordon. Glad you enjoyed the shot.
Nice, and very calming. I remember a similar shot sometime ago—love this kind of landscape shooting.
Thanks, Nick. In my previous thread I posted a very similar shot that was made in another bay. I love seeing this type of lighting. Took me a while to figure out how to reasonably capture it by under exposing in camera and lifting the highlights in post. Nowadays with the DR of modern sensors and available PP software it's much easier to get there.
very nice, sublime.
Thanks, Rick
Excellent!
Thanks, Klaus.

Real Name
Dan
Peaceful perfection!
Thanks, Mike. Peaceful is what I was going for and it was about a perfect morning.
Beautiful. I love those moss covered trees!!
Thanks, for commenting, Terry. I don't pay nearly enough attention to the landscape opportunities when we're afloat. But sometimes like in this case the lighting is such that it just stops me in my tracks and demands a photo :)

Looks like a nice place, if I was ever to visit the USA Alaska would probably be where I would go.

Real Name
Dan
Looks like a nice place, if I was ever to visit the USA Alaska would probably be where I would go.
It is a wonderful place to visit. From a visitors perspective it has little similarity with the rest of the USA other than retail chain stores/restaurants. Sadly many Americans aren't even aware that it's part of the USA. Which is actually a point of pride for most Alaskans. When travelling to the "48 continguous states" we call it going "outside".

Latest threads

Top Bottom