Critique Backlit

Gary likes black backgrounds...and so do I. This looks great displayed on my TV because the black background is the same color as the area that displays no image.

Mike 2020-09-05--0417-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well done!
I like these backgrounds as it gets rid of all the clutter- and lets you focus on the subject at hand. People stop to explore and hopefully appreciate the texture and details- because they really have nothing else to look at. Think about this against a field of plants. We would not take the time to appreciate every tiny hair. Would we even notice the stem? Would we notice the way gravity is pulling it into a wonderful sweeping curve. I get comments all the time about such images from people at our local gallery- they never noticed the texture in a birds feather or the translucency of a flower until they studied one of theses images.
Gary

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I lost track of this thread because in my mind I'm not done with the photo. Many thanks to Nick, Gary, Allan and Binnur.

There is a small dark grey circular thing at the upper right, I don't know what it is , may be a brush stroke?
I'll take a look later. Right now my eyes are too tired to find any detail in the photo. Thanks for letting me know about it!

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom