Backstage Animal Kingdom

Discussion in 'Special Sessions, Events, and Tour Announcements' started by pdoes, Apr 14, 2007.

1. pdoes

pdoes

Aug 6, 2006
    NJ, USA
    In July the family will go and visit Disney World again. Always a fun place and lots of photo opportunities. This year we will be doing the Backstage tour in Animal Kingdom and as we never done it before, I'm wondering if it's a nice photo tour as well. What can I expect?

Thanks

2. we did it a few years back, it's good fun, so far as I remember one of the neat things is for the jeep safari they take you through the reserve part much much slower than normal and stop and talk about the animals :smile:

Sil

3. I haven't been on the backstage tour at Animal Kingdom, but if you're willing to make about a 1 hour drive, I would very highly recommend the safari tour at Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay. They also take you out on a jeep and let you feed some of the grazers on the veldt (open grassy area).

Here are some giraffe pictures I took (her face was literally right in front of the lens):

[​IMG]

107401722-L.

You can also get a lot closer to some of the other wildlife at Busch Gardens than you can at Animal Kingdom (wouldn't recommend trying to feed them though! :biggrin: ). These were not taken with a long lens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]