Backstage Beauty

Discussion in 'People' started by Harry S., Aug 12, 2008.

1. I shot this actress on the day of the last performance (Joseph and the Amazing ...).
    I have to admit, when I first saw this pic on my monitor I was spell-bound and did not quite know where to start with post-processing. In fact, except for removing the micro-port on her right chin, there was little left to do - retouching a few skin blemishes, bring out her eyes a bit.
    One thing still to be done is to retouch the red veins in her eyes.
    Any other suggestions for improvement are welcome, of course, because I am already a blind from fascination :smile:

Shot with D3, 85/1.4D @ ISO 800, 1/500, f/3.5, available light

original.

Cheers

2. Captivating Harry! All I can suggest needing work are the few loose threads just in front of her left ear.

3. Thanks Rich!

Now that you mention it - I have already removed quite a lot of stray hair strands next to her left eye (forgot about that already). That's probably why the remaining loose threads didn't disturb me very much (it's all relative :smile:) .

Cheers

4. Beautiful portrait!

5. Thanks, Sonya!

Cheers

6. cwilt

cwilt

Apr 24, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Harry,

I'm not on a calibrated monitor, so consider that with my comments.

I think the face needs a little more contrast and saturation.
    Love the love eyes. Nice shot.

7. Captivating image. One suggestion that I would make is to bring in just enough detail in her neck and shoulders so that her head does not appear to be floating in a sea of black. Nice eyes on your model.

8. Thanks Charles!

Must be your monitor then :smile::smile:.

Cheers

9. Thanks Gordon! Good point, I'll try that.

Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.