1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Backyard birds ain't easy!!!

Discussion in 'Birds' started by VoidRaven, Apr 3, 2007.

1. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    You folks make getting shots of BYB's pretty easy! I learned tonight that it isn't quite the case...plus it doesn't help when you have a 15mph cross "breeze" periodically and a certain person (me) didn't bother with a tripod. Doh!

housefinchesonfeeder.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 88370

View attachment 88371

2. JDar

JDar

Jan 28, 2007
    TX/NM
    <<<You folks make getting shots of BYB's pretty easy! I learned tonight that it isn't quite the case...plus it doesn't help when you have a 15mph cross "breeze" periodically and a certain person (me) didn't bother with a tripod. Doh!>>>

It's sure fun to try and see the results then learn--it looks as if you are well on the way. The level of bird photographers on this forum is amazing, no doubt.

3. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    Indeed! I mean, I know a few things that I was doing wrong...freehanding, windy day and swinging feeders...plus some needed PS experience. But that's why digital is great...just keep shooting/practicing!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    When the wind is blowing hard I take the lens hood off. It is a wind catcher for sure:>))
    Nice shots though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.