1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Backyard bugs.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Yvette, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
  2. Nicely done Yvette!! I've not seen a ladybug with that many spots, ours always have only 2 or 3 per side.

3. sclamb

sclamb

Jan 2, 2007
    London
    Nice bugs! Once you use a macro lens, a backyard is like a zoo - so many things to photograph :smile:

4. mdsign

mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    Netherlands
    I realy like the 1st one the other 2 nah but 1st one is top!

cheers, Mark

5. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    Thanks Gretchen. This is called a Harmonia Ladybug. Yesterday while I was photographing them I saw all these other bugs running around the plant and didn't know what they were. This morning I just saw on the internet that it is actually the larvae of the Harmonia ladybug. I will post a picture below.

Thank you Simon. You are right. I notice so many things now that I would never have seen before. It is a lot of fun.

6. Yvette

Yvette

Jan 3, 2007
    Texas
    The larvae of the Harmonia ladybug. I only figured out this morning what this was.

harmonialadybug.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.