1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Featured Backyard Cooper's

Discussion in 'Birds' started by catalyst, Jan 8, 2019.

1. We have a large backyard juniper that dates from the early 90s when the house was built. It provides cover for many House Finches, Juncos, White-crowned and English Sparrows, Gambel's Quail, etc. and other common visitors; our backyard also attracts a neighborhood Cooper's Hawk on occasion, and this afternoon it perched on the juniper, seeking it's evening meal, watching and listening intently, and once even jumping to stir up things below. I'll guess it was a female because it was so bulky. Shots through window glass from the kitchen . . .

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    Great shots, beautiful bird!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Those are brilliant, Eric. Just brilliant. That last one has much attitude, LOL!

4. Fabulous series. I had one land in my yard last year--in the shade, but chowing down on a dead robin. Had no camera by my binocs were handy. You did very, very well here!

5. These are outstanding! Beautifully captured and stellar quality!

6. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Ohhhhhhh,
    YES!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Wow - on the shot and on having a great back yard.

8. Beautiful, the detail is amazing.

9. The body language on the last one is fantastic.

10. McQ

McQ Just your average, everyday moderator. Moderator

Very nice. Love the Cooper's Hawks we get here. They're very curiosity filled birds as well. In my experience, not as skittish as many others.

11. Excellent set, did the songbirds scatter from your feeders:D .

12. love the cheeky expression, really a great series

13. special ..............

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.