1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Backyard Coyote.

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by nuclearjock, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Over the past few weeks, something had been leaving "presents" in my yard which were not my dog's and contained small bone fragments. I thought it might be a large racoon but today the culprit may have revealed herself. She appears to be extremely healthy and well fed (y).
    DSC_5602_PS5.
    NIKON D850    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8    200mm    f/3.5    1/40s    ISO 800

She has a somewhat wiley look about her wouldn't you say?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fantastic shot Rick.

3. beautiful!

Larry

4. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Nice shot, looks well fed on some plump cats.

5. drr1531

drr1531

Jan 2, 2009
    Alaska
    Definitely one of the healthiest looking coyotes I've ever seen. Not that I've seen a lot of them. But still... Nice capture.

6. Beautiful. Known as the Trickster to the Nez Perce Tribe.

7. She is beautiful! Healthy looking with keen intelligent eyes looking right at you. What a wonderful visitor you have. Your backyard looks to be as busy as mine these days.

8. That is indeed one healthy looking coyote.

9. Thanks Louie.
    Thanks Larry.
    So that explains why I'm seeing more birds in my yard (y).
    Thank you Dan.
    Thanks Nick.
    Thanks Bob. I wish she'd poop in someone else's yard though ;) .
    I think she works out Jim.

10. Nice catch! I've got a few in my neighborhood as well. I think they keep our rabbit population at bay.

11. Amazing that you got such a wonderful image in your yard. People in our neighborhood are also reporting a coyote but I'd be willing to bet that it's actually a fox.

12. Great shot, Rick! Which "burb" are you in? I'm in Westchester about a block from a forrest preserve, and they're relatively frequent visitors in our neighborhood. Very shy, though. I've only seen them around sunrise and they're quite quick to disappear when a human appears.

13. Cracking shot. I have a similar problem only for me it's a fox. Hopefully I will get a shot soon.

14. Very nice image Rick, good use of DOF.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.